Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Miramar San Diego airshow anybody been?

Miramar San Diego airshow anybody been?

Old Sep 8th 2011, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Miramar San Diego airshow anybody been?

I am of to the San Diego airshow at Miramar air base at the beginning of October. Interested to see if anybody has been and tips and suggestions on hotels, car parking etc.

Many thanks.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 6:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Miramar San Diego airshow anybody been?

Originally Posted by Lamin
I am of to the San Diego airshow at Miramar air base at the beginning of October. Interested to see if anybody has been and tips and suggestions on hotels, car parking etc.

Many thanks.
I've never been, but it is a huge annual event here. Have fun!
Old Sep 12th 2011, 4:46 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

I've never been to the Miramar one but have been to quite a few others. I think my biggest tip is "dress for heat". Most air shows I've attended have you sitting on the tarmac which is basically a concrete oven. Sunburns, dehydration, exhaustion, etc. It's quite easy when you are laying on a slab of cement looking up at the sky all day. So tips would be water, sunscreen, a hat, and some sunglasses--minimum.

Enjoy the show.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah it's not a bad day out, parking is very easy & well organized , as you can imagine with the military.

Lot's of chain motels in the Carlsbad area ( about 30 mins from Miramar ) and very close to the beach. If you want something a bit more fancy there are vacation rentals in Del Mar ( 15 mins ) on the 101 to be had- $$$$$ .

It's a good day out - you should enjoy it.