Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Minnesota Wildfires.

Minnesota Wildfires.

Old Sep 13th 2011, 9:53 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold
Default Minnesota Wildfires.

The air in Chicago is acrid almost and everywhere is a little more hazy than usual, I can definitely smell the smoke in the air!

Apparently 911 is reverse calling people in some areas to forewarn them about it!

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...ews/709139777/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...,7185127.story

Can't imagine how it is for people further north of me!
Old Sep 14th 2011, 1:17 am
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

ljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Minnesota Wildfires.

This is the first time I heard about it, and I live here! Not a mention of it on the local news.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 2:34 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
The air in Chicago is acrid almost and everywhere is a little more hazy than usual, I can definitely smell the smoke in the air!

Apparently 911 is reverse calling people in some areas to forewarn them about it!

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...ews/709139777/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...,7185127.story

Can't imagine how it is for people further north of me!
It was quite smokey up here yesterday, but it seems to have cleared up now. Of course, that substation fire in Chicago this morning won't help matters much down by you . . .
Old Sep 14th 2011, 6:42 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

I notiticed it after lunch yesterday. It became truly awful out last night and even into this morning. Acrid electrical fire-type stink, hazy smog. It gave me a headache and made me mildly quesy. I hope this has cleared out of here.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 10:25 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hiro11
I notiticed it after lunch yesterday. It became truly awful out last night and even into this morning. Acrid electrical fire-type stink, hazy smog. It gave me a headache and made me mildly quesy. I hope this has cleared out of here.
The light rain all morning cleared the air here, but the rain's stopped now so I don't know if it will make a return or not!

I know Autumn is going to be upon us very quickly though as the temps are going to drop soon!