Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Milwaukee AOS interview appointment

Milwaukee AOS interview appointment

Old Oct 29th 2001, 8:26 pm
British in Wisconsin

Jememennie is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure if any other couples are filing through Milwaukee any time soon, but I thought I'd share our AOS timeline so far. I'm all excited as we got our appointment letter today.

20th August - Got married.

25th August - sent out AOS forms.

17th September - fingerprinting.

26th November - AOS interview.

The letter we were sent at the end of August said there was a 6 month wait for interviews, so were weren't expecting to hear anything for another 3 months.

So now we have to figure out the affidavit of support and our evidence of being a genuine couple. The letter we received didn't mention bringing letters from friends/family stating that we are a genuine couple. But is it best to get some anyhow? We're not too social so it would probably have to be a letter from family or from my brother-in-laws girlfriend.

Thanks for your help, Jennie
Old Oct 29th 2001, 8:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The affidavit of support is virtually the same as the I-134 with only additional documentation required, i.e. tax returns. As for letters for family and friends, that is not a must have. In view of the fact that you two will have only been married for three months before the interview, INS will NOT expect you to have a truckload of evidence of validity of marriage. Bring what you have and as many photos of the two of you together and at the wedding. Bring cards of congratulations from family and friends on your nupitals.

Congratulations on getting a quickie interview. Almost like having instant AOS in Dallas or Detroit.

Rita
Old Oct 29th 2001, 11:04 pm
British in Wisconsin

Thanks Rita. We've got lots of wedding cards to take along and we were just taking photos of us and our carved pumpkin yesterday, with the interview in mind. The interview is a few days after Thanksgiving so we'll get lots of family photos then too. We're definitely surprised at the speed of things here.

take care, Jennie
Old Oct 30th 2001, 6:13 am
Shelley

Amazing - I wish Milwaukee had been that fast for us - we waited 19 months for my
husband's AOS interview. Best of Luck. Shelley

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

>

Old Oct 30th 2001, 8:03 am
Grinch

>
    >

Well as they say Milwaukee's Best. or was that something I drank once?

Grinch

Old Oct 30th 2001, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Richard1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

How long did it take you to get your EAD?
Old Oct 30th 2001, 7:23 pm
British in Wisconsin

Wow 19 months, that's crazy. I'm guessing your interview experience is on the kamya page? Maybe I've read it.

How long did it take you to get your EAD?

Sorry, I can't help you on that one. I'm being a housewife / homemaker and so didn't apply for the EAD. Will getting the stamp in my passport at the interview allow me to work, does anyone know? I'm just curious - not that I have a clue what I'd like to do.

take care, Jennie
Old Oct 30th 2001, 9:20 pm
Shelley

According to Matt Udall's site http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/instimes.htm EADs are
taking 60 days. It seems that hasn't changed since my husband got his first EAD card
in 1999. Take Care. Shelley

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >