Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

military record and naturalization

military record and naturalization

Old Sep 6th 2002, 11:07 am
Just Joined

worriedalien is an unknown quantity at this point
Question military record and naturalization

will a Under Other Than Honorable Conditions discharge from the army , will cause naturalization problems, will in the service i went awol and as a reult i got discharged , i did not get a court martial .
i applyng for citizenship based on mariage to usc but i have served in the NG and on the n-400 it require you to fill the g325b for applicants who serve in the military
Old Sep 7th 2002, 3:06 am
James Donovan

Default Re: military record and naturalization

worriedalien <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > will a Under Other Than Honorable Conditions discharge from the army , will cause
    > naturalization problems, will in the service i went awol and as a reult i got
    > discharged , i did not get a court martial . i applyng for citizenship based on
    > mariage to usc but i have served in the NG and on the n-400 it require you to fill
    > the g325b for applicants who serve in the military

Yes it will cause problems. Dishonorable discharge from the military is generally
not a good thing. It is just like a criminal record and it is even worse than not
applying for selective service.