Reload this Page >

From the Midwest to the Southwest

From the Midwest to the Southwest

Old Feb 21st 2022, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

JuniorJ194 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default From the Midwest to the Southwest

Hi all,

Its been a while! First of all I would like to thank everyone who has helped me so far on my journey. I recently just got my 10 Year GC which im really happy about considering the long wait times for applications!

I've been in Omaha now for 4 years and I just got a job offer in Tucson, AZ. I'm sure its going to be a complete change of culture and scenery and im really excited to go (not excited about the drive in my UHaul though). Has anyone had any experience with the area or lives down there currently? I'm going to be living in the Casa Adobes area. Any advice on what I need to know before I go would be great! I've heard the heat is a killer and i work in construction, but Nebraska summers can be horrible with the humidity too.

Thanks
Josh
Old Feb 21st 2022, 8:01 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From the Midwest to the Southwest

Arizona is one of those RED States, I believe. But I live in Florida so I cannot cast stones!
Old Feb 21st 2022, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

JuniorJ194 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you mean red as in conservative I don't know if thats entirely true, or at least in Tucson. Plus I live in Nebraska currently and you can't get much more red than that! lol
Old Feb 22nd 2022, 11:32 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I grew up in Tucson. The Casas Adobes area is in an upscale part of town so that's a plus. If you like the outdoors there are a lot of beautiful areas to explore... Sabino Canyon, Mt. Lemmon, etc. Lots of old west history, pretty drives through the desert, and if you want water, there are plenty of lakes in Arizona to go see on a weekend.

Yes, it gets super hot in the summer, but it's dry and there's AC everywhere.

Rene
Old Feb 22nd 2022, 12:32 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JuniorJ194
If you mean red as in conservative I don't know if thats entirely true, or at least in Tucson. Plus I live in Nebraska currently and you can't get much more red than that! lol
Well they have 2 Democratic Senators (although one is really a DINO) and voted Blue in 2020 so that says something. It is also the heartbeat of the 'Big Lie' though, and the legislature commissioned an 'audit' which was in itself a bit of a joke.

So, as always, parts are deep red, the major cities, not so much.

Georgia has 2 Dem Senators too, and voted for Biden, but I wouldn't call us anything but a ruby red state. 2020 was an aberration.
Old Feb 22nd 2022, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

Why not Southern California? You'll boil in Tucson.
Old Feb 23rd 2022, 12:22 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by destone
Why not Southern California? .....
Because his job offer is in Tucson?