Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Micky B's questions about NVQ's being recognised in the US

Micky B's questions about NVQ's being recognised in the US

Old May 30th 2017, 4:00 pm
Banned

Micky B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Micky B's questions about NVQ's being recognised in the US

Hi I'm from Luton in England I have just been reading the comments here and was just wondering
I have an NVQ Level 2 in Dry lining Fixing - Interior systems and I also have 10 years experience working as a Dryliner, Fixer skill sets include.
Partition walls
Suspended ceilings
Insulation
Soundproofing
Plaster boarding
Cladding
Steel frame structures (SFS)
What is the equivalent to my qualification in America? Thank you in advance
Old May 30th 2017, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British qualifications conversion to US qualifications

Originally Posted by Micky B
Hi I'm from Luton in England I have just been reading the comments here and was just wondering
I have an NVQ Level 2 in Dry lining Fixing - Interior systems and I also have 10 years experience working as a Dryliner, Fixer skill sets include.
Partition walls
Suspended ceilings
Insulation
Soundproofing
Plaster boarding
Cladding
Steel frame structures (SFS)
What is the equivalent to my qualification in America? Thank you in advance
In Oregon, this qualification is not recognized. You do not need anything in terms of qualifications to do that work in Oregon. So it may be State dependent.
Old May 30th 2017, 4:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Micky B's questions about NVQ's being recognised in the US

Hi, and welcome to BE.

I've moved your questions in to a thread of your own, as the thread you'd posted in was from last August, and it's recommended that you start your own thread rather than bumping up old ones.

Hopefully others will help you work out if your NVQ will be recognised at all. I assume you have a route to work in the US i.e. you're a US citizen or married to one?

Best of luck with it.
Old May 30th 2017, 4:28 pm
Banned

Hi I actually have no intention of moving to the USA and was just wondering after reading the comments I would say it if I did I'd have more than enough experience to get any job as a Fixer. I hope
Old May 30th 2017, 4:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I actually have no intention of moving to the USA and was just wondering after reading the comments I would say it if I did I'd have more than enough experience to get any job as a Fixer. I hope
I'm confused! You don't want to move to the US, but want to find out if your qualifications are recognised there? I'm not sure what info you're after, can you clarify? If you can give us more info then somebody can help.
Old May 30th 2017, 4:32 pm
Banned

Yes I'm not moving to the US let me clarify that however I do hold an NVQ Level 2 for my work which I have already given an example of I was wondering what vocational qualification is the equivalent to the one I have in other words what do you need to be a fixer in America
Old May 30th 2017, 4:34 pm
Banned

Or this is a better way to put it if you needed partition walls and they feeling bill in your office what qualifications would you be looking for the contractor to have in England you need an NVQ Level 2 which is what I have so what qualification would someone like me hold in America
Old May 30th 2017, 4:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes I'm not moving to the US let me clarify that however I do hold an NVQ Level 2 for my work which I have already given an example of I was wondering what vocational qualification is the equivalent to the one I have in other words what do you need to be a fixer in America
But.......if you don't want to move to the US, then why do you need to know 'what you need to be a fixer in America'? Are you asking for somebody else that does want to move to America? If so, it would be better if they opened their own account and asked directly to avoid confusion.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but I'm just not getting why you're asking if you don't want to move there yourself or what info you're after!
Old May 30th 2017, 4:38 pm
Banned

Sorry are you retarded what don't you understand?
If you need some partition walls or suspended ceiling in your office what qualification would you want your contractor to have?

Last edited by Micky B; May 30th 2017 at 4:40 pm.
Old May 30th 2017, 4:39 pm
Banned

Surely it can't be a hard question you don't need to understand why I'm asking you only need to give the ****ing answer it's a good job I'm not moving to America because the first thing I do is slap you
Old May 30th 2017, 4:41 pm
Banned

I wouldn't really I'm only joking I'm just curious if you could help me I would greatly appreciate it
Old May 30th 2017, 4:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Sorry are you retarded what don't you understand?
Way to go. Insulting disabled people, and a moderator. Perhaps have another read of Site Rule 1 - another insult like that (to anybody) and you'll be banned.

If you need it partition walls or suspended ceiling in your office what qualification would you want your contractor to have?
Your thread is very odd, and I'm simply trying to clarify for the sake of anybody else reading.

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 30th 2017 at 4:45 pm.
Old May 30th 2017, 4:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Surely it can't be a hard question you don't need to understand why I'm asking you only need to give the ****ing answer it's a good job I'm not moving to America because the first thing I do is slap you
On second thoughts, you're done here. OP is banned, and thread is closed.