Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Michael Schiavo's side of the story

Wikiposts

Michael Schiavo's side of the story

Old Mar 27th 2006, 12:58 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Michael Schiavo's side of the story

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Good rant! No need to stop now.
No, that was it. Very simple. To the point. Nothing else needed, although... I know that whoever it was who was close to me from my past or present, it would be very difficult to see someone I care about, or even cared about once upon a time, in that condition; and if everything that was known about the condition pointed to no recovery then, as difficult as it might be, I would know that it was the right thing to end it. Some people react in different ways and parents can sometimes not be the most objective people to decide (who wants to live to see their own children die?) so who would you trust the most? I would say the person who was closest to them at that point in their lives - i.e. the husband.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil
I haven't read beyond this post so I apologise if I'm repeating someone else but I had to write this - how do you know it's not what SHE wanted - that's what was important in this case. I don't know anyone who wants to be kept alive artificially under those circumstances including my parents and as difficult as it would be I would still want to stand by their wishes no matter how much other members of the family might try and argue against it. (End of rant).
Urgh......memories of this conversation last year.....

Anyway, without wishing to drum up the past - she is, after all, dead and done. Maybe she wanted it, I don't know. Maybe he did. But in the end what more does he need to say? That's really the point I'm trying to make.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

I would say the person who was closest to them at that point in their lives - i.e. the husband.
I would say normally, yes. But, he wasn't the closest person to her in the end, he had went on with his life.....I think he forfeited his ties to her when he started another relationship.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:10 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

No, that was it. Very simple. To the point. Nothing else needed, although... I know that whoever it was who was close to me from my past or present, it would be very difficult to see someone I care about, or even cared about once upon a time, in that condition; and if everything that was known about the condition pointed to no recovery then, as difficult as it might be, I would know that it was the right thing to end it. Some people react in different ways and parents can sometimes not be the most objective people to decide (who wants to live to see their own children die?) so who would you trust the most? I would say the person who was closest to them at that point in their lives - i.e. the husband.
What this thread (and the media hype) does not address is the fact that he waited quite a long while before moving on with his life. Yes, by the time we all heard about it.... he was in another relationship (bastard!!) ...... This was long after the doctors had told him that there was no hope for Terri. He's been villanized by the press as the man that didn't "stand by his woman" but that is unreasonable and unfair. Who among us could stay faithful to a vegetable for 7 years? It's certainly not what I would wish for my partner (taking into account how young they were when they married). If I was (mentally and spiritually) gone, I would hope that he could move on and find some semblance of happiness for himself.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rushman
Said the big pink Pumpkin!!
If I was a veg, it certainly wouldn't be a pumpkin - I'd like to think of myself as a sweet potato - but anyway, you corncob, you didn't answer the other question.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:11 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Urgh......memories of this conversation last year.....

Anyway, without wishing to drum up the past - she is, after all, dead and done. Maybe she wanted it, I don't know. Maybe he did. But in the end what more does he need to say? That's really the point I'm trying to make.
Agree or disagree, there's nothing stopping him getting his story across - especially when there are so many people pre-judging him based on what the media reported. Really, who cares, get over it - if you don't want to hear it, don't listen. I know I won't and I wouldn't even have known if it wasn't brought up on here. As far as I can tell you are the one of the people in this thread drumming up the past.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Who among us could stay faithful to a vegetable for 7 years?
Oh I don't know Leslie, surely Rushman's wife is still around?
Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:14 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Who among us could stay faithful to a vegetable for 7 years?
I keep a Brussel Sprout by my bed, I like to call her Brenda. I whisper sweet nothings to her every night. One day we may get married, but alas, I fear it's a love that is doomed from the beginning.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Agree or disagree, there's nothing stopping him getting his story across - especially when there are so many people pre-judging him based on what the media reported. Really, who cares, get over it - if you don't want to hear it, don't listen. I know I won't and I wouldn't even have known if it wasn't brought up on here. As far as I can tell you are the one of the people in this thread drumming up the past.
ok, but then so is everyone else that is responding to this thread - its old news, isn't it?
Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:15 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

I would say normally, yes. But, he wasn't the closest person to her in the end,
In the eyes of the law he was.

he had went on with his life.....I think he forfeited his ties to her when he started another relationship.
With the blessing and encouragement of her parents.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:17 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I don't know Leslie, surely Rushman's wife is still around?
The gauntlet has been thrown down!! :scared:
Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by elfman

With the blessing and encouragement of her parents.
I don't think they anticipated him deciding to pull the plug, do you?
Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:25 pm
Not here much

I don't think they anticipated him deciding to pull the plug, do you?
Enough!!!!!!!! We will never know - for all we know they knew that as well as he did but just couldn't go through with it. The point is we'll never know, it should never have been trial by media. Done.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:28 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Why, if not for the money, would he want to resurrect the entire mess once more?
Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:30 pm
Not here much

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Why, if not for the money, would he want to resurrect the entire mess once more?
Stop it!!!!!! If he is still getting a hard time from a lot of people (that he doesn't even know and have nothing to do with his life) then maybe he feels the need to try and set the story straight - the media was very one sided in the whole thing (against him).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.