Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Michael Savage Wants Americans to Boycott British Goods

Michael Savage Wants Americans to Boycott British Goods

Old Nov 18th 2003, 12:13 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Michael Savage Wants Americans to Boycott British Goods

I've just arrived home and I'm p*ssed off.

I was listening to talk radio in the car and changed channels during and advert to discover Right-winger Michael Savage's programme "The Savage Nation". He wants Americans to *boycott* British goods and not go on visits to the UK.

He thinks that the Brits are disrespectful to President Bush and is angry that there are almost certainly going to be major protests in London when Bush arrives for his State visit on Tuesday night. How immature of him. I wouldn't be surprised if he puts it up on his website in the next few days:

http://www.michaelsavage.com

Doesn't the stupid jerk realise that the USA has no stronger ally/friend than Great Britain?

I should imagine that a good many of the probable protesters in London(including anarchists) will be from continental Europe, not just the UK. I also think that many of them will not be protesting the war in Iraq, but Bush's poor stance on environmental concerns....

According to the http://www.telegraph.co.uk , instead of the original figure of 5,000 policemen (on shift) to cover the visit, the Met Police have called in 14,000 police to be on duty during Bush's visit, costing 10 million pounds I also read in one of the British online news reports earlier today (can't remember which one) that Bush has cancelled his speech in the House of Commons as he's likely to be jeered by some of the MP's. He will still speak to the Upper House (Lords) but I guess half of them are so old and dodeery that they'll be asleep through his speech anyway.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 12:25 am
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry, Michael Savage is an arse....

...this prat set up a group called the "Paul Revere Society" intended to "Save America" through, quote: "...assert(ing) the values inherent in these pillars of freedom. We will seek to educate the citizenry about our nation's freedoms."

the PRS endorses the following 8 point program for protecting America:

1. End Affirmative Action.
2. Close the Borders now.
3. Deport all illegal immigrants now.
4. Eliminate bilingual education in all states.
5. Require health tests for all recent foreign born immigrants.
6. Make tax cuts permanent.
7. Reduce the number of Federal Employees.
8. Tort Reform - Stop Class Action Lawyers.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Add him to the list of right wing asses on talk radio and Fox News. I see Rush Limbaugh made a come back after 30 plus days in Drug rehab today. I wish him a speedy recovery and hope he gets prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 1:24 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PrincessofWales
I'm sorry, Michael Savage is an arse....

...this prat set up a group called the "Paul Revere Society" intended to "Save America" through, quote: "...assert(ing) the values inherent in these pillars of freedom. We will seek to educate the citizenry about our nation's freedoms."

the PRS endorses the following 8 point program for protecting America:

1. End Affirmative Action.
2. Close the Borders now.
3. Deport all illegal immigrants now.
4. Eliminate bilingual education in all states.
5. Require health tests for all recent foreign born immigrants.
6. Make tax cuts permanent.
7. Reduce the number of Federal Employees.
8. Tort Reform - Stop Class Action Lawyers.
Has he used "rivers of blood" anywhere yet ?
He's got to be up there with Enoch.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 1:37 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Michael Savage Wants Americans to Boycott British Goods

Just because americans aren't free to criticise their President for taking them into another Vietnam for the fear of being called un-american and pro-terrorist doesn't mean other free nations can't protest the jackass!!!

Typical, Americans scream about freedom then don't want others to use it on them!

Patrick

Originally posted by Englishmum

I was listening to talk radio in the car and changed channels during and advert to discover Right-winger Michael Savage's programme "The Savage Nation". He wants Americans to *boycott* British goods and not go on visits to the UK.

He thinks that the Brits are disrespectful to President Bush and is angry that there are almost certainly going to be major protests in London when Bush arrives for his State visit on Tuesday night. How immature of him. I wouldn't be surprised if he puts it up on his website in the next few days:

Doesn't the stupid jerk realise that the USA has no stronger ally/friend than Great Britain?

I should imagine that a good many of the probable protesters in London(including anarchists) will be from continental Europe, not just the UK. I also think that many of them will not be protesting the war in Iraq, but Bush's poor stance on environmental concerns....

According to the http://www.telegraph.co.uk , instead of the original figure of 5,000 policemen (on shift) to cover the visit, the Met Police have called in 14,000 police to be on duty during Bush's visit, costing 10 million pounds I also read in one of the British online news reports earlier today (can't remember which one) that Bush has cancelled his speech in the House of Commons as he's likely to be jeered by some of the MP's. He will still speak to the Upper House (Lords) but I guess half of them are so old and dodeery that they'll be asleep through his speech anyway.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 1:46 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

I usually ignore adverts, but the one currently displayed attached to this thread caught my eye -->

(I got a screencap in case it doesn't display for everyone.)

This is a load of old bollocks isn't it.

Thank him ?
Give him a kick up the arse more like....
Old Nov 18th 2003, 1:51 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

If a Democrat was currently President, and there was going to be major protests on his arrival in the UK. Do you think this idiot would still be up in arms about it?
Just a thought.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 1:56 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a copy of the email I have just send to Michael Savage at [email protected]

Apparently you think that the Brits are disrespectful to President Bush and you are angry that there are almost certainly going to be major protests in London when Bush arrives for his State visit on Tuesday night.

Just because Americans aren't free to criticise their President for taking them into another Vietnam for the fear of being called un-american and pro-terrorist doesn't mean other free nations can't protest either!!!

Typical, Americans scream about freedom then don't want others to use it on them! Britain has lost soldiers in Iraq, britons where told the same lies to get them move their troops into Iraq, the difference is Britons can protest what they don't like. They will not be branded as Un-British or told they are pro terrorist if they speak out against their government. They are also not subject to Patriot act which will make the Spanish Inquesition look like a tea party.

If you think the best way to bring democracy to other countries is by invading them then thats fine. If you beleive in Freedom and democracy then you beleive that the British people have a right to protest your commander in Chief, after all the British are free.

Patrick
Old Nov 18th 2003, 2:24 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Michael Savage Wants Americans to Boycott British Goods

Originally posted by Englishmum

Let's just consider this an excellent opportunity to start a boycott of U.S. products. Let's see, um, Hummers (don't fit on UK roads anyway), American beer (no loss there), hormone and steroid fed beef (give me good old home grown mad cow) and, perhaps, weapons of mass destruction? Oh yes, and expensive Presidents who cost UK taxpayers millions of pounds to protect with no tourism payoff.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of
Default Re Savage and Moore

I'm sick of all these “celebrities� spouting their mouths off when it comes to politics. They’re there to ENTERTAIN us, not to be political. I’d like to see Savage and Moore get into a knife fight at Columbine High School. Perhaps have Michael Moore take a shank to the neck, and begin splattering the walls with his pig’s blood. Then, he could pull out a sawed off 12 gauge shotgun and put a slug into Savage’s chest. Ohhhh, the irony of such a situation like that.

Dear oh dear, this is a bit strong eh. Why don't you like Michael Moore, is it because he tells the truth? I have never listened to Savage so cannot make a comment on him, but I like Michael Moore, he has balls.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 3:05 am
Pagan Sex God

Originally posted by Polaris_x
I'm sick of all these “celebrities� spouting their mouths off when it comes to politics. They’re there to ENTERTAIN us, not to be political. I’d like to see Savage and Moore get into a knife fight at Columbine High School. Perhaps have Michael Moore take a shank to the neck, and begin splattering the walls with his pig’s blood. Then, he could pull out a sawed off 12 gauge shotgun and put a slug into Savage’s chest. Ohhhh, the irony of such a situation like that.

FREEEEEEEEAKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You really are a ****ed up individual, most people would say they don't like them and move on, to be so graphical about your hatred is bordering on phsycotic! Maybe your parents didn't show you enough love as a child or you weren't breast fed, whatever it is you need help!

Patrick
Old Nov 18th 2003, 3:50 am
JeanDupont

Never mind all the high politics - exactly what British goods does he want boycotted?
Nearly everything I see on sale in US is made in China.

And as far as freedom is concerned all I know is that if I want to have a picnic on the beach and enjoy a can of beer - then I have to do it on a British beach -

Don't get me wrong - I like US and most US citizens are nice people --- but there does seem to be more freedom in UK, but that'll be going soon with the introduction of ID cards - too good to last I guess now we are US's "greatest ally" and apparently have that "special relationship".

Old Nov 18th 2003, 4:10 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Patrick
Here is a copy of the email I have just send to Michael Savage at [email protected]

Apparently you think that the Brits are disrespectful to President Bush and you are angry that there are almost certainly going to be major protests in London when Bush arrives for his State visit on Tuesday night.

Just because Americans aren't free to criticise their President for taking them into another Vietnam for the fear of being called un-american and pro-terrorist doesn't mean other free nations can't protest either!!!

Typical, Americans scream about freedom then don't want others to use it on them! Britain has lost soldiers in Iraq, britons where told the same lies to get them move their troops into Iraq, the difference is Britons can protest what they don't like. They will not be branded as Un-British or told they are pro terrorist if they speak out against their government. They are also not subject to Patriot act which will make the Spanish Inquesition look like a tea party.

If you think the best way to bring democracy to other countries is by invading them then thats fine. If you beleive in Freedom and democracy then you beleive that the British people have a right to protest your commander in Chief, after all the British are free.

Patrick

Will be interested to see if you get a response?!

Ive started boycotting marmite, maybe it will start a revolution?
Old Nov 18th 2003, 4:31 am
JeanDupont

I can't give up Marmite -but I am going to cut down on watching Benny Hill - that'll really hurt the British economy..............

Old Nov 18th 2003, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

I have to be honest I have never heard of Michael Savage (thankfully) having only arrived in the USA this year.

I have checked out his website, what a moron! It seems to me that in England (with all its faults) you have the right to stand up and complain if you don't believe in what is going on and still not be regarded as being unpatriotic.

What the hell is this guys problem!?! In my time over here I have asked loads of American what their opinion about the ongoing war is and the vast majority have replied that they are still unconvinced that the war was required or justified.

As to the major problem about Americans not buying British made problems... I can only repeat what previous people have said and say : who cares!

With the exception of Altoids " The curiously strong mint" and the unending list of web sites which provide the English expats with their regular supply of digestives and british tea bags I have failed to find anything in the USA, made in England, which is an essential requirement in American life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.