Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Mega Millions Lottery

Mega Millions Lottery

Old Mar 30th 2012, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mega Millions Lottery

I'd be chuffed with $3,000!

I think if I won more than say $10 million, I'd probably give away a huge chunk to charity and set up a Charitable Foundation of some sort with the rest. never going to happen though!
I have gotten my $10 worth of tickets, up from the $5 I was going to spend. I am also in a pool with a friend from my teens who now lives in California. Be interesting if that wins anything substantial!
Old Mar 30th 2012, 5:21 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 30th 2012, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

All this talk on the news and media about the Mega Millions, and the odd church sign saying it is evil, got me thinking about those old Barclays Bank ads that Samuel L Jackson did.

Old Mar 30th 2012, 5:25 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
How cool would it be to actually have a Swiss bank account to bung some of your millions in, though ?
Aye, if I won stupid amounts of money like this, I would go dump a huge chunk of cash in every tax shelter country I could and make the accountant really earn their fee for taking care of the IRS tax filings
Old Mar 30th 2012, 5:29 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Aye, if I won stupid amounts of money like this, I would go dump a huge chunk of cash in every tax shelter country I could and make the accountant really earn their fee for taking care of the IRS tax filings
I might buy a football team. Carrick Rangers, maybe, there'd be change out of a tenner there

Be honest, though, how many of us would arrange for a million in cash to be put into a briefcase as well just to see it? I know I would
Old Mar 30th 2012, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

markwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud ofmarkwm has much to be proud of

I might buy a football team. Carrick Rangers, maybe, there'd be change out of a tenner there

Be honest, though, how many of us would arrange for a million in cash to be put into a briefcase as well just to see it? I know I would
I hear Glasgow Rangers are going cheap...

I'd put a chink of it in trust for future generations, fund a few orphanages/charities and the like and then play golf. Everywhere. First class.
Old Mar 30th 2012, 6:04 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
Proof that anyone who goes into politics is corrupt
Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Ah, so you'll be one of the Lagos Lansbury's eh ?
Well I don't know you try and help someone out and get treated with suspicion, and I hadn't even suggested there would be a fee for my services.
Old Mar 30th 2012, 6:40 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by markwm
I hear Glasgow Rangers are going cheap...

I'd put a chink of it in trust for future generations, fund a few orphanages/charities and the like and then play golf. Everywhere. First class.
I'd get quite pissed by way of celebration. Any donations/presents would be on a strict 'you can't tell anyone it was me, that it happened and that's your lot now f*** off and leave me alone'. I'm not into the Bono style of 'oh look at how right on I am'. Then I'd buy a few car parks. Sit back and watch my money procreate.

Oh and a snooker table or two in the basement
Old Mar 30th 2012, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Deeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud of

I would want to share it with my family and friends but where does that line end? Would you share with your sister AND her children AND their children? Your best friend AND her kids? Those co-workers who helped build your confidence? My mom would want a big share of it even though she wants for nothing and has all she needs. I think my fear would be that I would leave someone out and cause hard feelings. But wouldn't it be great to pay off someone's bills and know you lifted a weight off their shoulders?
Old Mar 30th 2012, 7:13 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Deeks
I would want to share it with my family and friends but where does that line end? Would you share with your sister AND her children AND their children? Your best friend AND her kids? Those co-workers who helped build your confidence? My mom would want a big share of it even though she wants for nothing and has all she needs. I think my fear would be that I would leave someone out and cause hard feelings. But wouldn't it be great to pay off someone's bills and know you lifted a weight off their shoulders?
That's why you have to make it clear that anyone you do help out is only given the money if they understand that they can't tell anyone about it or the line of scroungers would never end.

We'd help people clear their debts, rather than giving them money, because they'd have to pay tax on that as income so that does them no good! Pay off their house/car/credit card debt though and their money becomes their own.
Old Mar 30th 2012, 7:15 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

If we're getting into this kind of excess...I'd buy Swindon Town and then burn their stadium to the ground

Then I'd wall paper the bathroom in various high denomination notes from around the world, before using the softest notes as loo roll
Old Mar 30th 2012, 7:19 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Bob
If we're getting into this kind of excess...I'd buy Swindon Town and then burn their stadium to the ground

Then I'd wall paper the bathroom in various high denomination notes from around the world, before using the softest notes as loo roll
I'd get that bog roll that has a crossword printed on every sheet, 'cause I'm dead classy, me.
Old Mar 30th 2012, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

I would shove a few thousands to the rescue we got our latest dog from and put a chunk into a trust for the kids, so they couldn't spend it all at once. I would then ask Richard Branson if he wanted to move off that nice island in the Carribean, and set up a retirement thingy. We can but dream.
Old Mar 30th 2012, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

I'd sell my home and replace it with a DOUBLE-wide!!
Old Mar 30th 2012, 7:44 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Guindalf
I'd sell my home and replace it with a DOUBLE-wide!!
Go for a quadruple and get two floors, too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.