Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

meetup/playdates in LA?

meetup/playdates in LA?

Old Sep 10th 2010, 3:46 am
Just Joined

Nutty88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default meetup/playdates in LA?

Hi, I moved here with my husband and toddler, last Aug. It's been kind of a roller-coaster year for us, and we are finally settling down and starting to experience LA. My son is in preschool 3 mornings a week, which gives me a little free time

I'm a full time mum (having given up my work to move here) and would love to meet new friends for myself and my little one, who turns 3 in Nov. Fortunately, I do enjoy venturing about LA; so am open to suggestions on places of interest, if anyone is interested in meeting up or having a play-date.

Thx!

Ooops! Forgot to mention that we live in Manhattan beach.

Last edited by Nutty88; Sep 10th 2010 at 4:52 am.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

des3584 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: meetup/playdates in LA?

Hi there,
Just read your post and thought this is a brilliant website to make friends. Sounds like you've had quite an interesting couple of months!
My husband and I are also moving to LA from London come November...so keen to get to know some like minded people.
Are you enjoying your time out there so far? Although originally from Austria I moved to LA when I was 6 and grew up there...then returned to London after UNI. I went back about a year ago and found it to be a huge adjustment.
Have you joined any other social groups?
Look forward to hearing from you.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 8:56 pm
Americano

nejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nice

Hi Nutty,

Well, you've been in LA longer than me by a year, haha! I live in Torrance, so not too far from you. What are your favourite places around LA so far?

I'm 21, not married, no children, but I love meeting new people and I love kids.

~Nej
Old Nov 29th 2010, 12:11 pm
Looking for tax advice!

Vanes is an unknown quantity at this point

We too have a young family and are looking to relocate to Manhattan Beach or a nearby area in a year or two. How have you found it and are there any other areas you would recommend? What have you found good and bad about your move? Were coming out in December for 17 days in the hope we can picture the ideal area to live, any suggestions would be gratefully received. Also any hotels you recommend lol!! Good luck with it! Alvin
Old Nov 29th 2010, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

britishbloke is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a british meet up group in LA called British los angeles meet up, in Marina del rey look them up..