Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Medical Treatment U.S insurance, bills urgent!!

Medical Treatment U.S insurance, bills urgent!!

Old May 3rd 2010, 8:18 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Treatment U.S insurance, bills urgent!!

I very much doubt anyone will give you a short term policy that would cover an operation. What's in it for them? You get an operation cheap that costs them thousands and they get a few month's premiums off you?

Probably best to look elsewhere for your boob job.
Old May 3rd 2010, 8:20 pm
Banned

bowenaj37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I presume you have a pre-existing condition which you would like treated while you are here. No insurance company is going to cover you for elective surgery for a pre-existing condition while visiting the US.

BTW medical treatment in the US is far more expensive than private treatment in the UK. Either pay and use private healthcare in the UK or use the NHS.
Finally a defiintive answer!

Thank you!
Old May 3rd 2010, 8:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
I very much doubt anyone will give you a short term policy that would cover an operation. What's in it for them? You get an operation cheap that costs them thousands and they get a few month's premiums off you?

I am a guy you numpty

Old May 3rd 2010, 8:36 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer

You stole my post!

Originally Posted by bowenaj37
I am a guy you numpty

And what's your point?
Old May 3rd 2010, 8:42 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

A misconception or two.

1. The USA is still working this out.
2. Any insurance company can refuse to cover anyone. It's just *IF* they do cover you, they have to cover pre-conditions. It's a joke really because it just means, you won' t be able to get insurance.
3. There is NO travel insurance on the planet that will cover you for any non emergency procedure. And even if emergency, no pre-conditions or known issues would EVEN be covered for $1
4. Even if you had an emergency whilst on travel insurance, they are 99.99% likely to just fly you home and not risk $millions of dollars on something going wrong during surgery.
5. No hospital will likely operate, unless it's fairly routine unless you have REAL insurance. they need the insurance in case something goes wrong.

So, in answer to your question, NO.

Last edited by franc11s; May 3rd 2010 at 8:50 pm.
Old May 3rd 2010, 9:02 pm
Banned

So could I get it done at a free hospital for people without insurance like bellview in New York for instance not that I would be in new york but you know what I mean . Bearing in mind they don't check immigration status do they and they can't turn you away. I would be on the Visa Waiver status anyway
Old May 3rd 2010, 9:09 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

So could I get it done at a free hospital for people without insurance like bellview in New York for instance not that I would be in new york but you know what I mean . Bearing in mind they don't check immigration status do they and they can't turn you away. I would be on the Visa Waiver status anyway
Yeah, in Chicago it's County General Hospital you're after.
They used to have at least one English woman working there but I don't know what became of her. Alex something or other..
Old May 3rd 2010, 9:15 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by meauxna
Yeah, in Chicago it's County General Hospital you're after.
They used to have at least one English woman working there but I don't know what became of her. Alex something or other..
She got deported!

I am sure as hell not going to Community General in LA were people get murdered every week!

http://www.diagnosismurder.co.uk/

rofl:

I think its Cook County Hospital in Chicago I have never been in I have never needed it I know bellview and not spelt like that is the free one in new york for all those poor buggers without insurance.

Last edited by bowenaj37; May 3rd 2010 at 9:22 pm.
Old May 3rd 2010, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

No no no no I don't know if the UK INSURANCE POLICY would cover work done in the USA so for the third time of asking CAN I GET AN INSURANCE POLICY FROM A U.S INSURANCE FIRM TO COVER WHATEVER WORK I MAY NEED DOING? after seeing a doctor and getting a surgery booked.

Sorry for the capital letters and any attitude.
Simple answer: NO

No insurance company would cover you because you are not a citizen and you are not a Permanent Resident and you do not have a visa allowing you to stay in the country for a long period of time.
Old May 3rd 2010, 10:52 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Do you plan to walk in and say "I arrived yesterday and I'd like to get this done before my VWP runs out"? The "can't turn you away" bit is for indigent people who have been picked out of the gutter, not tourists who can buy an airplane ticket. As you are obviously perfectly ambulatory they will tell you to use your return and get back to the NHS asap.
Old May 3rd 2010, 11:19 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Those places only do life saving stuff on people with no insurance and patch them up enough to go home, they would laugh at you trying to get an elective surgery done in a short period of time, ahead of people who need a hip or a heart valve or anything else.
Insurance is hard to get as a legal immigrant, even if you got some they would probably deny your claim for them to pay on a pre existing condition.
You can buy Blue cross international or Bupa and go to the private hospital in UK see if they will cover it.
Old May 3rd 2010, 11:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

It's not true that the best doctors are the most expensive ones anyway.
Old May 3rd 2010, 11:51 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Can somebody please tell me why this thread is marked "urgent"??? I rushed to get over here, putting other much more at-risk threads in potential danger.
Old May 4th 2010, 12:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Can somebody please tell me why this thread is marked "urgent"??? I rushed to get over here, putting other much more at-risk threads in potential danger.

He only has 80 days to get a sex change operation. Seems urgent to me
Old May 4th 2010, 12:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

A quick Google suggests the US is actual a net exporter of medical tourists (i.e. more people leaving to Singapore for a cheap hip replacement than stupid Brits flying in for a boob job). I didn't realize it was such a big growth industry with people setting up all the hotel stays and running interference for you, costs a fortune though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.