Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Medical Treatment U.S insurance, bills urgent!!

Medical Treatment U.S insurance, bills urgent!!

Old May 3rd 2010, 7:28 pm
Banned

bowenaj37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Treatment U.S insurance, bills urgent!!

I may be going to chicago and I might desire to have surgery for a condition when I am there. I would be on VWP

Can I purchase health insurance from a U.S based insurance company when in the U.S on the VWP I know obama's healthcare bill doesn't extend to illegials but I would be on the VWP

If a medical bill were to go unpaid because the travel insurance refused to pay and the person an adult me 28 years of age couldn't pay - I have access to money but am uncertain of the cost - would the hospital move to seize my parents house for the payment I live with my parents at the moment bearing in mind I am an adult under the law in both U.S and UK ? Would a warrant be issued for my arrest would the police attempt to track me down. I am not suggesting skipping out on the bill on purpose but if went unpaid would law enforcement become involved?
Old May 3rd 2010, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Treatment U.S insurance, bills urgent!!

Originally Posted by bowenaj37
I may be going to chicago and I might desire to have surgery for a condition when I am there. I would be on VWP

Can I purchase health insurance from a U.S based insurance company when in the U.S on the VWP I know obama's healthcare bill doesn't extend to illegials but I would be on the VWP

If a medical bill were to go unpaid because the travel insurance refused to pay and the person an adult me 28 years of age couldn't pay - I have access to money but am uncertain of the cost - would the hospital move to seize my parents house for the payment I live with my parents at the moment bearing in mind I am an adult under the law in both U.S and UK ? Would a warrant be issued for my arrest would the police attempt to track me down. I am not suggesting skipping out on the bill on purpose but if went unpaid would law enforcement become involved?
Surely the US would be the worst country to choose for this kind of scam
Old May 3rd 2010, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

This is a non-question. If it's non-emergency surgery it won't get it done without the hospital knowing if they will get paid first. Either you will have to pay up front or they will check to see if you have valid insurance. Depending on what it is it could be very expensive. From a few thousand to a few million.

It sounds like you basically want to rob a free surgery. Not cool.
Old May 3rd 2010, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute

What you're planning doesn't sound like a great idea, but you might want to look into getting travel insurance before you go that covers medical expenses. It probably won't cover non-emergency stuff though.
Old May 3rd 2010, 7:53 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I'll nominate this one for Funniest Post of the Week.
Old May 3rd 2010, 7:55 pm
Banned

It is not a scam I am english I am under the impression if you have the bucks you get what u need you they have the best doctors they can pay them the most money. I have HSBC travel insurance but it's grey worded about paying or not paying I wouldn't run off without paying the bill am not that stupid if for whatever reason insurance didn't cover it upfront then I wouldn't have it done but if they get funny after you have it done and then they turn round and say we aren't paying you might have problems. Obama healthcare bill stops insurance firms from not providing cover for pre existing conditions. That is why I am asking now. I see the things people raising 30k for the treatment in the U.S. Based upon the healthcare bill were you can't bar for pre existing conditions could I get an insurance policy to cover whatever I needed if mine didn't cover any surgery

I think it is better worded this time
Old May 3rd 2010, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

It is people like you that push my health care/insurance costs up
DO NOT HAVE ANY NON EMERGANCY TREATMENT UNTILL YOU KNOW 100% THAT YOU ARE COVERED OR CAN AFFORD TO PAY THE BILL!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 3rd 2010, 8:00 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
This is a non-question. If it's non-emergency surgery it won't get it done without the hospital knowing if they will get paid first. Either you will have to pay up front or they will check to see if you have valid insurance. Depending on what it is it could be very expensive. From a few thousand to a few million.

It sounds like you basically want to rob a free surgery. Not cool.
No no no no I don't know if the UK INSURANCE POLICY would cover work done in the USA so for the third time of asking CAN I GET AN INSURANCE POLICY FROM A U.S INSURANCE FIRM TO COVER WHATEVER WORK I MAY NEED DOING? after seeing a doctor and getting a surgery booked.

Sorry for the capital letters and any attitude.
Old May 3rd 2010, 8:01 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
It is people like you that push my health care/insurance costs up
DO NOT HAVE ANY NON EMERGANCY TREATMENT UNTILL YOU KNOW 100% THAT YOU ARE COVERED OR CAN AFFORD TO PAY THE BILL!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes it would be none emergency treatment hence maybe a problem with insurance
Old May 3rd 2010, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

No no no no I don't know if the UK INSURANCE POLICY would cover work done in the USA so for the third time of asking CAN I GET AN INSURANCE POLICY FROM A U.S INSURANCE FIRM TO COVER WHATEVER WORK I MAY NEED DOING? after seeing a doctor and getting a surgery booked.

Sorry for the capital letters and any attitude.
Plain and simple, like most other people you ask the insurance company before you have said treatment but I am guessing the answer will be a great big NO!
Old May 3rd 2010, 8:08 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Plain and simple, like most other people you ask the insurance company before you have said treatment but I am guessing the answer will be a great big NO!
So I could not purchase an insurance policy from AIG for example to have NONE EMERGENCY medical treatment I would have to pay cash....
Old May 3rd 2010, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

It is not a scam I am english
So why don't you have the surgery done in England by the NHS?
Old May 3rd 2010, 8:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I presume you have a pre-existing condition which you would like treated while you are here. No insurance company is going to cover you for elective surgery for a pre-existing condition while visiting the US.

BTW medical treatment in the US is far more expensive than private treatment in the UK. Either pay and use private healthcare in the UK or use the NHS.
Old May 3rd 2010, 8:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Mental.
Old May 3rd 2010, 8:18 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Bill_S
So why don't you have the surgery done in England by the NHS?
Maybe I would get it done faster in U.S IF I could pay for it all which I might be able to or take out the insurance to cover the cost of it. For a minor ortho procedure the waiting time might be considerable on NHS and it might be less in the U.S I am pretty sure it is since it's all private healthcare over there the majority of it. I would be staying for 80 plus days with my GF in Chicago might as well have it done during that time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.