Reload this Page >

Medical Travel Insurance For USA

Medical Travel Insurance For USA

Old Nov 21st 2021, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Maxtrack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Travel Insurance For USA

Hi

My mother in law is visiting from India and has decided to extend her stay through Christmas & the new year and return home in January (her visa allows this) but the insurance that she had has expired and my wife and I are trying to get insurance for her for the remainder of her stay. She is a senior and there are not a lot of options, there appears to be quite a lot of fraudulent websites out there, can anyone point me in the right direction of a provider that we can buy decent coverage for her that is legitimate?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

M
Old Nov 21st 2021, 2:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Travel Insurance For USA

Originally Posted by Maxtrack
Hi

My mother in law is visiting from India and has decided to extend her stay through Christmas & the new year and return home in January (her visa allows this) but the insurance that she had has expired and my wife and I are trying to get insurance for her for the remainder of her stay. She is a senior and there are not a lot of options, there appears to be quite a lot of fraudulent websites out there, can anyone point me in the right direction of a provider that we can buy decent coverage for her that is legitimate?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

M
Try the insurance company she used when she entered the US…she is still a foreign visitor.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Nov 21st 2021 at 3:15 pm. Reason: Auto correct grrr
Old Nov 21st 2021, 3:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Extending her original policy would seem to be the obvious route.
Old Nov 21st 2021, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Maxtrack is an unknown quantity at this point

As she is from India the older folk there have travel agents book everything for them including the insurance , after looking at the original policy I'm not convinced of the validity of it.
Old Nov 21st 2021, 4:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I doubt there is anybody on here familiar with Indian Travel Insurance.

Depends what you mean by Senior/OAP but travel insurance can get very expensive the older you get.
Old Nov 21st 2021, 4:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

As she is from India the older folk there have travel agents book everything for them including the insurance , after looking at the original policy I'm not convinced of the validity of it.
can you not contact them via email? Or maybe a relative over there can help
Old Nov 21st 2021, 5:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

..... then you should start to get worried....... getting ill in the US is not a good situation

You can't get medical travel insurance for the US while in the US (that's not how medical travel insurance works) - you should be contacting the travel agency in India to see if the policy can be extended.

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Nov 21st 2021 at 6:03 pm.