Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Medical School

Medical School

Old Aug 4th 2005, 1:09 pm
Banned

Wicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical School

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
As for the people who say to u "the govt is funding you and you're going away?". They have a valid point. However, as of 1st yr med school, we were "working" already whenever on placement (taking histories, examining, saving the consultants etc time).

Furthermore, you've paid taxes for years haven't you? My med course/change in career is costing my nearly 1/2 million pounds in lost income/pension contribution. Ie dont feel guilty if u do want to leave the minute the course ends.

Best wishes
Thank you, well I've spent the day evaluating SHOs today. And speaking with my colleagues and a few of the consultants present, the point came up about a number of registrars not being able to get jobs because of the limited number of posts. So fast forwarding a few years, the reality of studying here and moving abroad does not seem too far removed from reality in order to practice my chosen profession.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 4:53 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fig Newton
Seemed more like a rather poor attitude of the place you wish to come study and live in.
You seem to have a real prob understanding what the OP is saying. He's saying he doesn't need to rush over as the US will still physicallybe here, as in it's not going to vapourise.

Now step away from the keyboard and slowly dismount the high horse.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 5:07 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sibsie
You seem to have a real prob understanding what the OP is saying. He's saying he doesn't need to rush over as the US will still physicallybe here, as in it's not going to vapourise.

Now step away from the keyboard and slowly dismount the high horse.
Sooner or later he might apologise to Wicked Jester for his comments now that he's realised his mistake, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 8:55 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wicked Jester
Does anybody have any idea about studying medicine in the US?
Did you just win the Lottery?
Old Aug 4th 2005, 9:30 pm
Banned

Wicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
Did you just win the Lottery?
I believe a little old lady in Ireland won the £77 million Euromillions jackpot last week!
Old Aug 4th 2005, 10:25 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wicked Jester
I believe a little old lady in Ireland won the £77 million Euromillions jackpot last week!
I bet she keeps it under her mattress and then leaves it to a cats' home.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 10:32 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
I bet she keeps it under her mattress and then leaves it to a cats' home.
PMSL yeah why is it only rich people or old people that ever win the Lottery?!!
Old Aug 4th 2005, 10:39 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

PMSL yeah why is it only rich people or old people that ever win the Lottery?!!
Or people who "invest" it. Sod that! Give me a private jet, a mansion, a bottle of Dom Perignon a day and then watch me file for bankruptcy
Old Aug 4th 2005, 10:44 pm
Back Again

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Or people who "invest" it. Sod that! Give me a private jet, a mansion, a bottle of Dom Perignon a day and then watch me file for bankruptcy
uh oh don't let the Republican's hear you........oh too late
Old Aug 4th 2005, 10:47 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

uh oh don't let the Republican's hear you........oh too late
They're everywhere