Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Medical Records in UK

Medical Records in UK

Old Jul 17th 2006, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

jobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Medical Records in UK

Does anyone have any idea how I might locate my medical records in England..??
I haven't seen a doctor over there for a zillion years and honestly not exactly sure where that was and certainly don't remember the doctor's name. I was wondering if they had gone electronic and I might be able to access a database somewhere or is that wishful thinking? Anyway, would appreciate any ideas '

Thanks!
Old Jul 17th 2006, 12:10 pm
Position - Offside

Location: Harvest, Alabama from Newport Pagnell, Bucks/Mitcham, Surrey
Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Records in UK

Originally Posted by jobyone1
I haven't seen a doctor over there for a zillion years and honestly not exactly sure where that was and certainly don't remember the doctor's name. I was wondering if they had gone electronic and I might be able to access a database somewhere or is that wishful thinking? Anyway, would appreciate any ideas '

Thanks!

From what I understand, all medicals records end up with the Family Practitioners something or other. You may want to contact your last doctor there and ask them where they are. Don't hold your breath waiting to get them, although you are entitled to see your own medical records now getting them is not that easy. Good luck.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

jobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to beholdjobyone1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lynne
From what I understand, all medicals records end up with the Family Practitioners something or other. You may want to contact your last doctor there and ask them where they are. Don't hold your breath waiting to get them, although you are entitled to see your own medical records now getting them is not that easy. Good luck.
Thanks Lynne... problem is don't know the name of the last doctor. Oh well the quest continues.. I'll look into the Family Practioner thingy though!
Old Jul 17th 2006, 1:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Contact the Primary Care Trust that is responsible for the last area that you lived in or the town where your last Dr practiced.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 6:05 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.patients-association.org....calrecords.pdf

Thanks!
Old Jul 17th 2006, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't you keep your NHS card ? ..... I got my records by emailing them and giving the card number.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
Didn't you keep your NHS card ? ..... I got my records by emailing them and giving the card number.
hrmmm er.. no. Well it could be somewhere in England I suppose but I don't think so. Emailing who?

I'm getting some good ideas though.. I was at a loss.

Thanks.. Joanne
Old Jul 17th 2006, 9:11 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Contact the Primary Care Trust that is responsible for the last area that you lived in or the town where your last Dr practiced.
Yep, Ozzidoc is right, your medical records normally go back to a central bureau/county type thing. Also true about having to wait a long time, I know that whenever we had patients request a copy of their notes, they had to be sent to all the doctors that you had been under for them to sign off on them. Then they copied them & you were charged however much for each sheet of paper. Although that could have just been our trust. Mine took forever, as I had been under at least 15 different doctor's clinics. I hope that helps, good luck.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Partystar
Yep, Ozzidoc is right, your medical records normally go back to a central bureau/county type thing. Also true about having to wait a long time, I know that whenever we had patients request a copy of their notes, they had to be sent to all the doctors that you had been under for them to sign off on them. Then they copied them & you were charged however much for each sheet of paper. Although that could have just been our trust. Mine took forever, as I had been under at least 15 different doctor's clinics. I hope that helps, good luck.
Thanks for all the info so far... Well at least I'm not in any hurry, it's more a case of wanting to have them.. for whatever reason. I have to try and work out who the last doctor I saw in England was/where and that will be the hardest part I should imagine.. I haven't lived there full time since I was 29.. Crap that's 12 years ago!! Aaargh it is 12 years since I was 29!!! :scared: When did that happen!!!???
Old Jul 18th 2006, 4:32 am
Just Joined

patbrit7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks!
I read just the other day that the goal is for the NHS records to be totally computerized within I-forget-how-many-years. So, obviously, they are not there yet.