Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Medical Records

Medical Records

Old Jun 2nd 2017, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Ecto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medical Records

Hi,
Just need a bit of advise. We are moving out in a couple of weeks on an L1A visa. Have spoken to our doctors surgery here in the UK and we have two options for our medical records. They can give us a computer generated list of all visits and issues, sounded very comprehensive or photocopy the actual records themselves, the only advantage to the photocopied recorders would be it would include the details of referral letters etc. Either way all our vaccinations will be included. Does anyone know which we have to have? There is a significant difference in price and volume of paperwork we would need to carry!!
Thanks
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 8:27 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Records

Originally Posted by Ecto17
Hi,
Just need a bit of advise. We are moving out in a couple of weeks on an L1A visa. Have spoken to our doctors surgery here in the UK and we have two options for our medical records. They can give us a computer generated list of all visits and issues, sounded very comprehensive or photocopy the actual records themselves, the only advantage to the photocopied recorders would be it would include the details of referral letters etc. Either way all our vaccinations will be included. Does anyone know which we have to have? There is a significant difference in price and volume of paperwork we would need to carry!!
Thanks
Having them copy everything to CD would be the best option, simple to do, and so much less paperwork to carry
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Ecto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Having them copy everything to CD would be the best option, simple to do, and so much less paperwork to carry
That wasnt actually an option unfortunately but would have been good! Was hoping the computer generated records would be sufficient as the photocopying was 5 times the price but equally no point having the wrong thing.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

skyland235 is an unknown quantity at this point

When we had ours 2 weeks ago we asked our GP for a Letter and a medical summary - this they supplied at a cost of £20 each and was acceptable at the docs in Knightsbridge- we had no issues with what the Doctor had given
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skyland235
When we had ours 2 weeks ago we asked our GP for a Letter and a medical summary - this they supplied at a cost of £20 each and was acceptable at the docs in Knightsbridge- we had no issues with what the Doctor had given
That is great news, thank you both.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine was a thick wedge of photocopies from the day I was born! Made interesting reading, I still have it! My new doctor glanced through it, saw nothing overly scary and handed it back.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dj6372
Mine was a thick wedge of photocopies from the day I was born! Made interesting reading, I still have it! My new doctor glanced through it, saw nothing overly scary and handed it back.
Haha!!! Definitely going with computer print out then!!
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 12:56 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

I think one of the most important things to get is lab test results. These are helpful for comparison purposes later in life.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 1:15 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skyland235
There's no medical required for a non-immigrant visa. As I understand it, he wants a copy of his medical records for his own use once he's in the US.

Ian
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 1:27 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Vaccination lists are a must have, especially if you have children but you will all need these in case you get green cards. Will they print out just the vaccination records?

I'd get the cheapest option. No US doctor will bother going through mountains of paperwork and you probably won't even need it if you don't have ongoing medical issues.

My OH and I managed without any medical records. Scottish NHS had destroyed them- it was not a big deal at all not even for the green card medical.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
There's no medical required for a non-immigrant visa. As I understand it, he wants a copy of his medical records for his own use once he's in the US.

Ian
She 😉
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks all, yes just want the records in case the doctor asks opposed for a medical or anything. It will include vaccinations as l had read on here that they were essential for children going to school and we have a little one that will start elementary school in Sept. Thanks all.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 6:11 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

She 😉
Ah, my bad! Over the years, I've given about a dozen or so people involuntary sex changes!

Ian
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Ah, my bad! Over the years, I've given about a dozen or so people involuntary sex changes!

Ian
Haha!! No worries!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 8:48 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all, yes just want the records in case the doctor asks opposed for a medical or anything. It will include vaccinations as l had read on here that they were essential for children going to school and we have a little one that will start elementary school in Sept. Thanks all.
I'd say it depends on what you know of your medical history. Obviously vaccination and illness records for children are going to be useful, but if you don't have a history of significant medical events, prescriptions, and procedures then I wouldn't worry too much about all the details. Certainly my file would have been very thin, and I don't think I bothered in the end even though I asked about obtaining it.

If your file is really thick you could always obtain it in paper form and then scan it to a CD or thumb drive yourself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.