Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Medical Records

Medical Records

Old Mar 22nd 2011, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

AmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud of
Default Re: Medical Records

Originally Posted by samjwood
Thanks for all your replies folks.

We've decided to just get son's records for school etc.

Amanda, just waiting for our boxes to be picked up on Thursday then I'll feel a bit better. We are currently staying at my sister's house as tenants moved into our house last Tuesday. So it's a bit difficult as all our boxes are in the house as well as the cases we are taking on the plane with us.

We are having a party on Saturday with family and friends so that is stressing me out a bit. I'm also thinking I've forgotten something important.

We fly on Monday so if it's not done by then it's tough!!

How is your packing/moving/sorting/leaving going?!

Sam

Sam,

Yip pretty much the same as you!! Still in the house but half the furniture has gone so it just doesn't feel the same.

Friday night we are having a party with all our friends and Saturday a family dinner so i know that the weekend will be "emotional" and I am NOT looking forward to it.

Best of luck with the weekend and with the boxes being collected.

Axx
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 10:17 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of
Default Re: Medical Records

I got hubby and I's medical records from our local practice. They charged 20GBP total (10 per person) and they were ready the next day (which was a big surprise as our practice is generally slow).
I'm surprised to hear that they don't care about them in the US, although I can see why if one is getting coverage through an employer. But for individual coverage I was under the impression that they were mandatory as part of the scrutiny they do of your medical history.
Don't know if ours will come in handy, but I felt I should have them anyway