Reload this Page >

medical for interview.

medical for interview.

Old Mar 6th 2007, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

linda and nick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default medical for interview.

Hi to all,
Hope I'm posting this thread in the correct place.
Just got our interview date - OMG, I'm so excited and nervous at the same time
In the pack sent from the embassy we are told to make an appointment for our medical and it lists the things that will be examined. It certainly doesn't leave anything to the imagination
What experiences have any others had. Will we come out of it with our dignity intact or will it be just like a cattle market?
Any answers will be gratefully received. I'm sure Ray will have something to say

Many thanks,
Linda
Old Mar 6th 2007, 12:08 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medical for interview.

Originally Posted by linda and nick
Hi to all,
Hope I'm posting this thread in the correct place.
Just got our interview date - OMG, I'm so excited and nervous at the same time
In the pack sent from the embassy we are told to make an appointment for our medical and it lists the things that will be examined. It certainly doesn't leave anything to the imagination
What experiences have any others had. Will we come out of it with our dignity intact or will it be just like a cattle market?
Any answers will be gratefully received. I'm sure Ray will have something to say

Many thanks,
Linda
I always have something to say..

It is a full and searching medical ..No orifice is left uninspected ...
wear clean underwear ...
Old Mar 6th 2007, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray
I always have something to say..

It is a full and searching medical ..No orifice is left uninspected ...
wear clean underwear ...
I repeat - OMG!! I'm really very shy. Thanks Ray!!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 12:37 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I repeat - OMG!! I'm really very shy. Thanks Ray!!
You want me to come and do it for you .....
Soon print up a medical degree ....

When they point and laugh is always disconcerting
Have a shave before you go ....
Old Mar 6th 2007, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Just reading the vacinations list. In the past 10 years we've had none of them. Will we have to have all eleven jabs at the same time? We'll end up in a coma!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 1:00 pm
Ray

Just reading the vacinations list. In the past 10 years we've had none of them. Will we have to have all eleven jabs at the same time? We'll end up in a coma!
Eleven pricks in one go ......Wow!!!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Eleven pricks in one go ......Wow!!!
i must have had a lax medical then, because i paid, went in and had my vaccination book with me. All up to date. They took blood for HIV,Syphilus. And then gave me a tb skin test. Doc came in, asked me if i was feeling ok, any illnesses, then heard my chest on his little silver cold stetescope. And then proceeded to talk to me about his life in south africa !!! that was it. fully clothed. On his way out told me to pick the paperwork up in 10 days after the blood results were back, and come in in 72 hours to check the reaction of the tb skin test... that was it. A bit of advice here, if u have ur interview and medical appt. Try and get to ur local GP in the intrim because u cant have all the vaccinations on ONE DAY and will hold up ur application!!! Some u have to go back after 6 weeks and have another. And if u have some done at the medical u start paying lots of money. So get ur GP to get some done NOW!!!!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Deedee and thanks for that. I've just phoned the medical people in London and told them that hubby and I have not had any vaccinations done in the last 10 years. She said that 'because of our ages' 56 & 61 all that we will have to endure is the Tetanus and Diptheria jabs. I hope she's right!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 2:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't have a medical for our visa...just for the GC once we were here.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 2:53 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I didn't have a medical for our visa...just for the GC once we were here.
Thats what the old folk are doing ....
Old Mar 6th 2007, 2:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Daughter didn't have one either...don't know about hubby.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
"old folk" lmao.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 4:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

There's a visa section, could do a search through there for peoples experiences...

A lot depends on what the medical is for, in the UK or US side and who you get...some get prodded and poked, some don't.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

bethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to all

It's the 'sexual deviance' test you have to watch out for

My medical ( which was 12 years ago) was almost nothing at all. Blood test, blood pressure, listened to my chest, asked me to walk in a straight line and touch my nose with my finger (maybe that was the sexual deviance test !)
Old Mar 6th 2007, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

bethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to allbethel is a name known to all

Ray, on the other hand, had something else entirely going on........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.