British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   MEDICAL INSURANCE (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/medical-insurance-712596/)

zaze Apr 8th 2011 2:21 pm

MEDICAL INSURANCE

Dear All

we have moved back to the USA, my DH is a PR and i am a citizen as are my 2 children. We have no current medical coverage as we have yet to secure employment. i have read many threads and noted the high costs of mecical cover. My kids have been given cover by the state now but we have none. Any companies in the UK that would provide cover?? Any US companies that dont need a crazy deductible figure. Any advice is appreciated.:)

Manc Apr 8th 2011 2:23 pm

Re: MEDICAL INSURANCE

Originally Posted by zaze (Post 9293493)
Dear All

we have moved back to the USA, my DH is a PR and i am a citizen as are my 2 children. We have no current medical coverage as we have yet to secure employment. i have read many threads and noted the high costs of mecical cover. My kids have been given cover by the state now but we have none. Any companies in the UK that would provide cover?? Any US companies that dont need a crazy deductible figure. Any advice is appreciated.:)

google assurant temporary health insurance.

giant deductibles are the norm........ welcome home.

Ray Apr 8th 2011 2:26 pm

Dear All

UK companies cannot help ...
will have to be a US company ...

zaze Apr 8th 2011 2:26 pm

Thank you. Its been over 20 years:), lots of change. I will check out Assurant Health.

Duncan Roberts Apr 8th 2011 2:33 pm

Take some time and learn about health insurance, the terms used and how it works. Assuming you have no pre-existing conditions, don't smoke, are not over 40 or so and are in good health, you will likely have a lot of options to chose from and they will probably have a wide range of what's covered and how much out of pocket expense you will have to shell out when using the insurance. You could end up buying a duffer policy for your situation if you don't know the basic ins and outs.

nun Apr 8th 2011 3:07 pm

Dear All

What state are you in?

Bob Apr 8th 2011 4:23 pm

private, the trade off is either expensive or high deductibles...

Depending on what you do for work, there might be a trade association or guild type of thing that you could join and get into a group rate that way.

penguinbar Apr 8th 2011 5:52 pm

I have recently changed health insurance since the company that I had Atlantis went up 32% . We were able to get a lower reate through a Union. I am PM'ng you info.

zaze Apr 8th 2011 6:35 pm

Thanks all for your time, i am 41, dh 44 and both non smokers. we are not employed and have no pre existing conditions.

zaze Apr 11th 2011 11:11 pm

oh yes i live in charlotte. thanks for your help and replies..