Medical

Old Apr 21st 2003, 8:21 pm
abb
Forum Regular

abb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical

I am waiting to recieve information about a date for my interview in the US embassy in London. there are few questions that i have about the medical, i wonder if someone can help. i am 44yrs old , do i have to have the MMR vaccination? Also do my children, aged 11 and 16yrs need to have the Hep- B vaccination?
my husband was born in 1956 does he have to have the MMR and Hep B vaccinations? I feel very confused about it all. If we do need these vaccinations do we go to our GP for them.
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 11:20 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical

Originally posted by abb
I am waiting to recieve information about a date for my interview in the US embassy in London. there are few questions that i have about the medical, i wonder if someone can help. i am 44yrs old , do i have to have the MMR vaccination? Also do my children, aged 11 and 16yrs need to have the Hep- B vaccination?
my husband was born in 1956 does he have to have the MMR and Hep B vaccinations? I feel very confused about it all. If we do need these vaccinations do we go to our GP for them.
I can't remember off hand - the embassy should have sent you a matrix that tells you what you need. I'm thinking that the children might need the MMR, but that those over 18, not, and I don't think that anyone from the UK gets the hep B. ( ?)

Overall I'd say don't wory about it. When you go for your medicals they'll tell you what you need, and for anything that you haven't had, or can't prove you've had, they give you the jab and it is only a few £££s for each one.

I had my medical, and visa interview, back in 2001 and although I was a little apprehensive beforehand it was a breeze and nothing to worry about.