Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

May 1 2006...Immigrant's National Day of Action

May 1 2006...Immigrant's National Day of Action

Old May 1st 2006, 12:51 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation May 1 2006...Immigrant's National Day of Action

This is an email sent from a friend in Az...dunno what y'all think but thought I'd pass it on.......imho it's gonna get a whole lot worse before it gets better

THIS IS IMPORTANT!

WASHINGTON (AFP) Immigrant's rights advocates, elated by the resounding success of Monday's "National Day of Action," which drew the backing of hundreds of thousands of protesters across the United States and infinite media coverage, are now planning a national boycott which they hope will have an even greater resonance. Organizers are planning the May 1 "Great American Boycott," urging illegal immigrants -- who cannot vote and who have only limited political power -- to flex their economic muscle. Protesters are being urged to refrain from shopping, and to stay away from school and work.

You should take a moment to let that sink in.

This is a movement orchestrated by people who entered the US illegally, and who then want to scream about their "rights." WHAT RIGHTS? YOU?RE HERE ILLEGALLY!

Let's take a look at some of the many benefits that illegal aliens have blessed our great country with: Street gangs, graffiti, drugs, skyrocketing Healthcare, depreciation of property value, illiteracy. The list could go on. What they actually have to offer (cheap labor) pales to what they have given our country to deal with. I'll take expensive vegetables over expensive Healthcare any day!

And now, like terrorists, they are going to attack our economy -- the one entity that makes our nation stand out from all the others: The backbone of our nation. The country they came to like locusts so they could reap the benefits is now the focus of their boycott. You've seen it on TV: Marching on our American streets waving their Mexican flags, boldly showing that they can be more racist than who they accuse of, and yet the obvious is totally oblivious to them. LOOK! IF YOU'VE GOT IT SO BAD HERE, THEN LEAVE!!!

To all the real Americans, you can do one small thing on May 1, 2006. It won't be rait, nor will it be violent. It will not be boastful, arrogant, selfish, or distasteful. It will not be any of those things that our "guests" have already displayed. What it will do is nullify a movement.

All you have to do is buy something on May 1st. Make up for what they will try to take away. It doesn't have to be a new car or house (unless you were already planning on getting one). It simply needs to be a day of trading.

Hold off grocery buying until May 1st. Take your wife out to eat that night. Get the kid?s pizza, hamburgers, whatever (AND NO MEXICAN FOOD!!). Make several trips to the convenience store. Buy your meals at work. Fill up your tank. Shop for clothes, furniture, and outdoor equipment. If it needs to be bought, BUY IT ON MAY 1st!

Those are just a few suggestions. We're not asking you to spend your inheritance that day, but just to spend more than you normally would. Even if it's only a few dollars, this will help soften the blow that the Mexicans will try to inflict on our economy that day. It sounds trivial at first, but if this idea gets around, what the Mexicans set out to do will fail.

NOW COMES THE HARD PART: This email will not self-destruct if you don't send it to someone. It will not cause bad luck, nor will it make you impotent. It will not do some trick or show a cute little animation if you send it to "X" amount of people. You will not get paid for doing it. And Bill Gates doesn't?t give a flip about it, so he won?t be sending you any spare cash. If you have read it, you might be inclined to send it to someone else. It will not happen though, if it just gets deleted. So forward it at will. IN FACT, FORWARD THIS TO EVERYONE ONE YOU KNOW! YOU WILL BE DOING YOUR COUNTRY (AND YOUR FELLOW CITIZENS) A BIG FAVOR!
Old May 1st 2006, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Rompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond reputeRompers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: May 1 2006...Immigrant's National Day of Action

I think the email's author would be at home in the BNP.
Old May 1st 2006, 1:40 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
This is a movement orchestrated by people who entered the US illegally, and who then want to scream about their "rights." WHAT RIGHTS? YOU?RE HERE ILLEGALLY!
<sigh>
Old May 1st 2006, 12:41 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

imho it's gonna get a whole lot worse before it gets better
what is?
Old May 1st 2006, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: May 1 2006...Immigrant's National Day of Action

This is an email sent from a friend in Az...dunno what y'all think but thought I'd pass it on.......imho it's gonna get a whole lot worse before it gets better

THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Let's take a look at some of the many benefits that illegal aliens have blessed our great country with: Street gangs, graffiti, drugs, skyrocketing Healthcare, depreciation of property value, illiteracy. The list could go on. What they actually have to offer (cheap labor) pales to what they have given our country to deal with. I'll take expensive vegetables over expensive Healthcare any day!
All the examples given about the benefits that have arisen from illegal aliens is pretty much true for legal and native-born Americans.

As for skyrocketing healthcare, I think that's an own goal created by the US government in many respects.
Old May 1st 2006, 1:51 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius
As for skyrocketing healthcare, I think that's an own goal created by the US government in many respects.
Hear hear!

This is so totally true that I'll repeat it: "As for skyrocketing healthcare, I think that's an own goal created by the US government in many respects."

This country spends more than twice as much, % wise, as most European countries, and still only manages to cover about 84% of its population...

As for the original e-mail, that should have ended up in the cyber equivalent of that circular filing thingy beneath the desk...
Old May 1st 2006, 1:59 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

**Yawwwnnnnn**

The liberal media are already doing their part to make this out to be bigger than any other protest in history. Oddly enough, when I look at previous protests- the vast majority are kids under 21, which tells me that if the illegals are not well organized, at theast the teachers unions continue to be.

I think this will backfire on them- in all polls I have seem the vast (ie 70-80%) of US citizens want Congress to act now on CONTAINMENT- that is, to build a fence or otherwise prevent illegals from entering. If they can not work out amnesty/guest workers, etc...at least staunch the flow. However...Congress seems to have deaf ears to the issue.
Old May 1st 2006, 2:03 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
However...Congress seems to have deaf ears to the issue.
Perhaps their ears are 'bunged' up with something
Old May 1st 2006, 2:09 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

**Yawwwnnnnn**

The liberal media are already doing their part to make this out to be bigger than any other protest in history.
.........Congress seems to have deaf ears to the issue.

Liberal media??? What, here iin the US? I've been looking for some of them - can you tell me where to find them please?
Old May 1st 2006, 2:16 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Liberal media??? What, here iin the US? I've been looking for some of them - can you tell me where to find them please?
Right here! Symptoms include the trademark inability of any two writers to agree with each other for more than 30 seconds.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not right-wing - but there's not much point to being liberal if you exist solely to cut down everyone else.
Old May 1st 2006, 2:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Right here! Symptoms include the trademark inability of any two writers to agree with each other for more than 30 seconds.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not right-wing - but there's not much point to being liberal if you exist solely to cut down everyone else.

That could be said of any wing....
Old May 1st 2006, 2:31 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by anotherlimey

I think WIngs are vastly overrated.

IMHO Paul never did anything worthwhile after he split from John.

I mean, Mull of ****ing Kyntire (sp?) - pass me a bucket
Old May 1st 2006, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

**Yawwwnnnnn**

The liberal media are already doing their part to make this out to be bigger than any other protest in history. Oddly enough, when I look at previous protests- the vast majority are kids under 21, which tells me that if the illegals are not well organized, at theast the teachers unions continue to be.

I think this will backfire on them- in all polls I have seem the vast (ie 70-80%) of US citizens want Congress to act now on CONTAINMENT- that is, to build a fence or otherwise prevent illegals from entering. If they can not work out amnesty/guest workers, etc...at least staunch the flow. However...Congress seems to have deaf ears to the issue.
I agree with your second statement, i.e. it's going to backfire if anything. I heard they will keep their kids home from school? A lot of good that will do!

I'm still searching for the liberal media though....
Old May 1st 2006, 2:32 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Aye, you have a point there. Been here too long I suppose - just used to all the Republicans being shoehorned into agreement with their 'leaders'.
Old May 1st 2006, 2:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Aye, you have a point there. Been here too long I suppose - just used to all the Republicans being shoehorned into agreement with their 'leaders'.
Looks like that might stop now... there seems to be a division between what Bush and his cronies want (an amnesty, sorry 'Guest Worker Program' ) and what the rest of the Republicans want.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.