Wikiposts

The Masters

Old Apr 12th 2004, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of
Default The Masters

Any golfers out there, did you watch the Masters yesterday?

I was so excited when Phil Mickelson won. I met him a couple of years ago at the Phoenix open and had a chance to talk to him. He is such a nice guy, very refreshing change from most of the other high paid golfers. I would have been happy if either himself or Ernie had won, but it was a bit more special when Phil did. To do it in a field with Woods as well, must have made it all the more sweet for him. Both he and Ernie seem to have had it in there heads that if Woods were in the field then they had no chance of winning. Guess they both proved everyone wrong yesterday.
Way to go Phil.
Old Apr 12th 2004, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I was hoping Jonathan Kaye, a local boy who won this years Phoenix open would win it all. Because I'd have won $750 from a $10 dollar bet I made back in february in Vegas. He didn't make the cut though. He hurt his shoulder in last weeks tournement
Old Apr 12th 2004, 4:26 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I was glad Mickelson won, he was due...........
Old Apr 12th 2004, 5:39 am
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

What a amazing last 9 holes, 2 hole in ones within 10 minutes of each other, and an amazing birdie putt for phil to at last win a major, the crowd went nuts!

I usually like to play more than watch, but yesterday I was glued to the T.V.

Well done to Justin Rose, leading for the first 2 days, but ended up equalling with Tiger.
Old Apr 12th 2004, 7:41 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Not a golf fan myself but watched it yesterday as Hubby was glued to the TV and he was so pleased that Phil won. The guy done good!
Old Apr 12th 2004, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Pimpbot
I was hoping Jonathan Kaye, a local boy who won this years Phoenix open would win it all. Because I'd have won $750 from a $10 dollar bet I made back in february in Vegas. He didn't make the cut though. He hurt his shoulder in last weeks tournement
It wouldn't have mattered even if he hadn't hurt his shoulder, not in the same league.
Old Apr 12th 2004, 9:58 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by effi
It wouldn't have mattered even if he hadn't hurt his shoulder, not in the same league.
What about Justin Rose and Paul Casey, nice to see two young players doing so well. Think those guys are going to do well once they learn to deal with the pressue.
Old Apr 12th 2004, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by mattbutt
What about Justin Rose and Paul Casey, nice to see two young players doing so well. Think those guys are going to do well once they learn to deal with the pressue.
Yeah, they played well. They need a bit more experience to be able to finish up near the top. I am wondering what is going on with Tiger. Personally I don't like him too much, he is obviously the best golfer in the world, but on a personal level he is not my cup of tea. Since he got engaged his game has gone tits up. Then he fired Butch Harman, looks like he made a big mistake there.

There is a whole bunch of young guns coming up to take over, and as long as they all stay healthy the future of the game looks quite exciting.
Old Apr 12th 2004, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know. I think you'll be seeing big things from Kaye over the next year or two.
Old Apr 13th 2004, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Pimpbot
I don't know. I think you'll be seeing big things from Kaye over the next year or two.
I think you are probably right. Like I said, there are so many good young players out there right now, all busting a gut to put on quite a show for us golf fans.

I was watching an interview last nite with Michelle Wie (spelling), she wants to play in the Masters, said it is her dream. I think as long as Hootie is the Chairman that aint gonna happen anytime soon.

Anyone have any thoughts on her? There is no doubt that she is a very talented young girl. At 14 though, her immaturity comes thru on interviews. I disagree with her playing in some PGA events. She said she would be bored playing on the LPGA all the time. Maybe she should try winning some games against girls her own age instead of getting her ass kicked most of the time by them. I think she has been pushed into the limelight too early and is beginning to believe all the publicity about herself. She comes across as very sullen when she is playing especially if she is getting beat, also the scuffle she had on the LPGA with the lack of ettiquette shown by herself and her father to the other women golfers I thought showed a very selfish nature. I guess we shall see how she pans out, just hope she does not get burned out too young. I think she should go to college just incase, of course she still has to start high school, so has a long way to go yet.
Old Apr 13th 2004, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Until Wie starts winning on the LPGA tour on a consistant basis like Anika, then she has no right to try and switch over to the PGA. She seems a little arogant at the moment, kinda like one of the spoilt brats on a doctor Phil show. I know at 14 she is a wonderful talent. But I want to see some wins before I buy into the hype.
Old Apr 13th 2004, 7:34 am
Banned

JulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to all

golf
Old Apr 13th 2004, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by JulianB
golf
Don't knock it if you have not tried it.
Old Apr 13th 2004, 10:04 am
Banned

JulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to all

Don't knock it if you have not tried it.
I have.