Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Mass driving laws...loons

Mass driving laws...loons

Old Nov 16th 2006, 7:47 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mass driving laws...loons

Originally Posted by Manc
<groan>
I am groaning myself mate. I am suprised at just how cheesy I can be. Send me bad karma for that one lol. BTW manc? Off topic a little but I have set my controls to no email notifaction (I am having to delete tons of notifications of replies most days) but I still get them. Am I doing something wrong?
Old Nov 16th 2006, 7:51 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
I am groaning myself mate. I am suprised at just how cheesy I can be. Send me bad karma for that one lol. BTW manc? Off topic a little but I have set my controls to no email notifaction (I am having to delete tons of notifications of replies most days) but I still get them. Am I doing something wrong?
I have no idea. I don't know the "workings" of the website. I just pull people up for trolling and spamming and what not.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 8:20 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea. I don't know the "workings" of the website. I just pull people up for trolling and spamming and what not.
No probs. It iant the end of the world or anything. Just a bit of a pain.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 8:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
... Off topic a little but I have set my controls to no email notifaction (I am having to delete tons of notifications of replies most days) but I still get them. Am I doing something wrong?
I think you have to log out and then back in for it to set, and you'll get notifications if you keep the site open as it only sends a nofitication once when your not on the site...
Old Nov 16th 2006, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Well I only caught the tale end of the story, but the police have a big incentive to issue tickets now out here, each ticket a cop writes gives them half an hour of banked over time pay...so anyone driving around here best be extra careful, because I doubt they'll be giving to many warnings nows...

So anything weird in your neck of the woods? How about quotas etc?
As you're in Mass. (like me, Hubbardston north of Worcester) you'll know all about 'Thickly settled' and the fact that 'Yield' applies to those on the Interstate and not on the ramp....
Old Nov 16th 2006, 8:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlanR
As you're in Mass. (like me, Hubbardston north of Worcester) you'll know all about 'Thickly settled' and the fact that 'Yield' applies to those on the Interstate and not on the ramp....
there aren't any road rules, it's a free for all with who has the biggest motor
Old Nov 16th 2006, 8:41 pm
Bugger Off!

Originally Posted by Bob
I think you have to log out and then back in for it to set, and you'll get notifications if you keep the site open as it only sends a nofitication once when your not on the site...

Cheers bob - that sorted it.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 9:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Well, one thing I found funny is it's state law in OH to beep before you overtake somebody. I'll give you a guess at home many people I've seen do that.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 9:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Well I only caught the tale end of the story, but the police have a big incentive to issue tickets now out here, each ticket a cop writes gives them half an hour of banked over time pay...so anyone driving around here best be extra careful, because I doubt they'll be giving to many warnings nows...

So anything weird in your neck of the woods? How about quotas etc?
They are actually called ' performance indicators ' with league tables
Old Nov 16th 2006, 9:10 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
They are actually called ' performance indicators ' with league tables
wonder which places are the worst then...all very weird...

in maine, they tend to hand tickets out at the beginning and end of month to meet there quotas..
Old Nov 16th 2006, 9:18 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

no I just looked at it's cover and found out I am associated with the loons from Northern Ireland.
We're none to happy about it either - I think Northern Irish, Scottish, Welsh and English pp's are the way to go - that way we don't get pulled under with the rest of youse.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
wonder which places are the worst then...all very weird...

in maine, they tend to hand tickets out at the beginning and end of month to meet there quotas..
15th and 16th of the month are the best dates to speed. Yippee! Today is the 16th....