British Expats

British Expats (
-   USA (
-   -   marrying an american woman (

Rete Feb 4th 2002 5:30 pm

No problem. That is would this NG is here for ... to help you learn the ropes of marriage-based visas.

Read the URL's for the K-1. It is quite simple and straightforward and if you don't like dealing paperwork hire an attorney who will handle it for you.


smith69 Feb 4th 2002 11:42 pm

what kind of paper work would i need if i was married by the justice of the peace and would i need to apply for a work permit after i get married

Alvena Ferreira Feb 5th 2002 12:14 am

smith69 wrote:
The procedure for marriage on a tourist visa is at the "tourist adjustment" link on
the Doc steen site. The procedure for filing for AOS is pretty much the same
whichever method you use, except fiance visa persons do not file I-130 and tourist
visas/other visas do. You could apply for work permit at the same time you file for
AOS, but not before. You would need a work permit in order to work legally. Alvena
Doc Steen Site:
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at:

All times are GMT. The time now is 6:27 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.