Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Marrying in America but not living there

Wikiposts

Marrying in America but not living there

Old Oct 6th 2014, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marrying in America but not living there

My sister got married in Vegas - in a 50's style diner with Elvis doing the proceedings! It was really cheezy, but still probably the most memorable wedding I've ever been to!
Old Oct 7th 2014, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

swilt170571 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by swilt170571
Well, there is a small chance we may get married next month now, a very small informal wedding to allow my girlfriend to get the forms filled in etc etc then a big reception next year. MY only concern is lets say we marry end of November does she have to send her forms off straight away which would also mean her passport or can we do that in January? I ask the question as she is coming to England in December so given how long it takes for authority to be with me granted, I dont want her to have to send the forms off before Christmas.

Getting married in November would be perfect as we are at her grandparents 96 and 93 and it will be first time in many years her children, sisters, and other family memebers will all be there at same time!..

But if it doesnt work out there is always next year but I wanted her grandparents who are getting older to be with her.
I think my question above is dumb thinking about it. Even if we got married in November I dont see any reason why she needs to apply to live in UK until later in 2015 as she isnt looking to come over here until Summer so starting application in January should be fine?

Do other concur with me on this?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 7th 2014, 2:52 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swilt170571
I think my question above is dumb thinking about it. Even if we got married in November I dont see any reason why she needs to apply to live in UK until later in 2015 as she isnt looking to come over here until Summer so starting application in January should be fine?

Do other concur with me on this?

Thanks in advance.
Since this is a forum for immigrating to the USA, I'd say most people on here won't know how long it takes for a USC to get a visa to live in the UK. You might try looking or asking over in the "Moving back to the UK" forum.

Rene