British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Marriage Help Needed: (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/marriage-help-needed-112030/)

MARRIAGEHELP Sep 30th 2002 5:49 pm

Marriage Help Needed:

WILL ANYONE PLEASE GUIDE ME!

I have fallen in love with a USC and we wish to marry. I live in UK and he lives in USA. I am going over there again soon for a month's stay and am taking my two children this time. We want to get married. Is there any reason why we should or should not marry at that stage and how does one accomplish the relevant necessities legally for me and the children to be allowed to stay there and live with him? (I have sole parental responsibility).
I do hope someone can guide us as we have heard so many conflicting ideas of whether we should begin the paperwork before I go to marry him and some other people have said that its best to go over on a tourist visa, marry whilst there and STAY until the paperwork is completed. WE JUST DONT UNDERSTAND IT ALL.
e-mail: [email protected]: confused:

Rete Sep 30th 2002 5:55 pm

Re: Marriage Help Needed:

To me, it is easier for you to go the Fiancee Visa route rather than get married when you visit your boyfriend in the US. I say this primarily because you have children. Even though you have sole custody of them, you will still require permission from their father to migrate to the US. Or a court order stating this.

It is possible to do what others have advised but there is a great element of risk involved in doing so. That being the entry into the US under fraudulent intent. There has been a great deal written about this recently and you can look up MDUDALL in the google archives to get this particular attorney's view on frauduent entry.

And yet, many many people do just this and have had no problems with it at all. Get the facts, read the archives and make your own educated decision.

Rete

Originally posted by MARRIAGEHELP:
WILL ANYONE PLEASE GUIDE ME!

I have fallen in love with a USC and we wish to marry. I live in UK and he lives in USA. I am going over there again soon for a month's stay and am taking my two children this time. We want to get married. Is there any reason why we should or should not marry at that stage and how does one accomplish the relevant necessities legally for me and the children to be allowed to stay there and live with him? (I have sole parental responsibility).
I do hope someone can guide us as we have heard so many conflicting ideas of whether we should begin the paperwork before I go to marry him and some other people have said that its best to go over on a tourist visa, marry whilst there and STAY until the paperwork is completed. WE JUST DONT UNDERSTAND IT ALL.
e-mail: [email protected]: confused: