British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Manila-Administrative ReviewMy fiance spoke to (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/manila-administrative-reviewmy-fiance-spoke-110208/)

arborlis Aug 6th 2002 9:53 pm

Manila-Administrative ReviewMy fiance spoke to

My fiance spoke to her friend who works at the embassy. She found her file and looked to see what is going on. There appears to be a checklist, and everything was checked off except for NSO. She also stated that every Friday someone from the embassy takes 400 names to the NSO office. They are very slow getting these names processed as is the embassy after they receive the information they need.

We submitted our documents at St. Lukes on May 15 and the embassy received them on the 16th. Letter of review came on the 4th of July, it was dated July 1. Two of my fiance's friends have already received their visas. One received her's yesterday, and the other two weeks after submitting her forms. The latter actually had all of her ID changed to make her appear 10 years younger. This woman perpetrated a fraudulent act and still received her visa in two weeks.

To everyone out there going through the process with Manila, use this trial as an oportunity to develope patience. I assure you, when you leave this world, the only thing you will take with you is your knowledge and experience.

P. Javellana Aug 6th 2002 11:55 pm

Re: Manila-Administrative ReviewMy fiance spoke to

Thank you for the info.....my spouse will have to deal with the Manila office in the
next few months.

"arborlis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > My fiance spoke to her friend who works at the embassy. She found her file and
    > looked to see what is going on. There appears to be a checklist, and everything was
    > checked off except for NSO. She also stated that every Friday someone from the
    > embassy takes 400 names to the NSO office. They are very slow getting these names
    > processed as is the embassy after they receive the information they need.
    >
    > We submitted our documents at St. Lukes on May 15 and the embassy received them on
    > the 16th. Letter of review came on the 4th of July, it was dated July 1. Two of my
    > fiance's friends have already received their visas. One received her's yesterday,
    > and the other two weeks after submitting her forms. The latter actually had all of
    > her ID changed to make her appear 10 years younger. This woman perpetrated a
    > fraudulent act and still received her visa in two weeks.
    >
    > To everyone out there going through the process with Manila, use this trial as an
    > oportunity to develope patience. I assure you, when you leave this world, the only
    > thing you will take with you is your knowledge and experience.
    >
    >
    >
    > --

arborlis Aug 7th 2002 2:01 am

Your welcome, and good luck to your spouse. I hope she breezes right through the entire process.

It appears that women under the age of 24 and that have never applied for any type of visa get their visas within a couple weeks.

Greg Johnson Aug 7th 2002 2:22 am

What is NSO: (was: Manila-Administrative ReviewMy fiance spoke to)

Thanks for the Info.

What is the NSO? Is that the Police Report? Or the report that the person is
elligable for marriage?

Thanks -- Greg

arborlis wrote:
    > My fiance spoke to her friend who works at the embassy. She found her file and
    > looked to see what is going on. There appears to be a checklist, and everything was
    > checked off except for NSO. She also stated that every Friday someone from the
    > embassy takes 400 names to the NSO office. They are very slow getting these names
    > processed as is the embassy after they receive the information they need.
    > We submitted our documents at St. Lukes on May 15 and the embassy received them on
    > the 16th. Letter of review came on the 4th of July, it was dated July 1. Two of my
    > fiance's friends have already received their visas. One received her's yesterday,
    > and the other two weeks after submitting her forms. The latter actually had all of
    > her ID changed to make her appear 10 years younger. This woman perpetrated a
    > fraudulent act and still received her visa in two weeks.
    > To everyone out there going through the process with Manila, use this trial as an
    > oportunity to develope patience. I assure you, when you leave this world, the only
    > thing you will take with you is your knowledge and experience.
    > --

Mdudall Aug 7th 2002 2:50 am

Re: What is NSO: (was: Manila-Administrative ReviewMy fiance spoke to)

>What is the NSO?

National Statistics Office.

Steve Hubbard Aug 7th 2002 4:18 am

Re: What is NSO: (was: Manila-Administrative ReviewMy fiance spoke

We've been under Administrative Review since the end of February...the NSO is
painfully slow...it takes them several weeks to a month just to issue a certified
birth certificate to their Filipino citizens...almost criminal...Looks like we'll all
be waiting a whole lot longer than we thought...

Tweetums Aug 7th 2002 1:23 pm

Re: What is NSO: (was: Manila-Administrative ReviewMy fiance spoke to)

Hi Greg!

Here are some of the ppwk that you may be referring to:

Police Report -- if your wife/fiance has been out of the country for more than 1 yr.
then she will need that police report.

NBI Clearance -- National Bureau of Investigation = if she has not been out of the
country for more than a year, then this is the clearance she submits. This is good
for one year only from the time of issuance.

Certificate of No Marriage = this is the piece of paper that certifies that your
fiance is single and has never been married. Although, I do not think that this ppwk
is given much weight anymore.

Hope this helps :)

Miss Tweetums