Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Manhatten, NY Property Management/keyholding holiday homes!

Manhatten, NY Property Management/keyholding holiday homes!

Old Aug 15th 2019, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

Lisa The PA is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Manhatten, NY Property Management/keyholding holiday homes!

Dear all
I don't suppose anyone has any recommendations or suggestions for holiday home property management in Manhatten, NY?
Uk citizen with an owned vacation apartment that is used on occasion by family/friends.
We are looking for a person or company that we can trust to offer a key holding, property management service and organise cleaner for before/after guests and possibly occasional help with adhoc queries. The service required is very minimal and basic but I am struggling to find someone and so thought to ask you for any recommendations or suggestions?
Thank you
Lisa The PA
Old Aug 15th 2019, 2:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manhatten, NY Property Management/keyholding holiday homes!

My guess is it is because AirBnB type operations can be illegal in New York. Something you need to look into.
Old Aug 15th 2019, 3:15 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lisa The PA
Dear all
I don't suppose anyone has any recommendations or suggestions for holiday home property management in Manhatten, NY?
Uk citizen with an owned vacation apartment that is used on occasion by family/friends.
We are looking for a person or company that we can trust to offer a key holding, property management service and organise cleaner for before/after guests and possibly occasional help with adhoc queries. The service required is very minimal and basic but I am struggling to find someone and so thought to ask you for any recommendations or suggestions?
Thank you
Lisa The PA
Is this the rental that your Boss wanted to buy in the US in 2018 without his wife knowing?
Old Aug 15th 2019, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

No, not an airbnb or rental property . just an apartment he owns and we have lost our current cleaner/key holder due to a move out of state!
Old Aug 15th 2019, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

Hello,

No - this is another property in NY. As you mentioned my last post was about a property in LA. Which he proceeded to buy, with his wife knowing. Why does everyone think everything I post is dodgy! I can assure I'm just looking for friendly advice from those in the know!
Old Aug 15th 2019, 4:58 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

No - this is another property in NY. As you mentioned my last post was about a property in LA. Which he proceeded to buy, with his wife knowing. Why does everyone think everything I post is dodgy! I can assure I'm just looking for friendly advice from those in the know!
OK, very friendly advice: it's ManhattAn. l suggest you contact the super of the building in which the apartment is located and ask him for a recommendation. There may be an agent who works with other owners in the building.
Old Aug 15th 2019, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
OK, very friendly advice: it's ManhattAn. l suggest you contact the super of the building in which the apartment is located and ask him for a recommendation. There may be an agent who works with other owners in the building.
So sorry Nutmegger! Thank you for replying. Yes I have emailed the Super to see if he has any suggestions for me and I’m also attempting to set up a Nextdoor account for the local area but hit some red tape re UK email address / geo location! Thanks again
Old Sep 6th 2019, 6:04 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry Nutmegger! Thank you for replying. Yes I have emailed the Super to see if he has any suggestions for me and I’m also attempting to set up a Nextdoor account for the local area but hit some red tape re UK email address / geo location! Thanks again
If no key / fob is needed to get in to the building, i.e. if there is a doorman or a pin code I would look at a remote lock with a pin code and doorbell cam. That would allow you to monitor who comes and goes and also assign temporary codes to visitors and the cleaners when they come (you can set between certain hours, or generate 1 time codes etc). I use August, but there are lots of brands:

https://august.com/