Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Manchester to Atlanta with Delta or Northwest?

Manchester to Atlanta with Delta or Northwest?

Old Jan 8th 2010, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manchester to Atlanta with Delta or Northwest?

Delta fly Boeing 767-300 or 400 Atlanta- Mcr.Most of latest in flight facilities(seat back) Northwest although now part of Delta have never ventured into Mcr with any flights. Delta use Boeing 757 -200's (old) Etops (hence roof screens) on their JFK-Mcr route.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
Anyone flown this route recently?
We have a friend coming over on this route and on the Delta website when you click on the bit for flight ammenities it says no inflight entertainment?!

I told him I'd prefer Delta over Northwest, but not if there's no inflight entertainment
We flew Delta to Edinburgh and there were movies in the back of the seats. Not as good as Air New Zealand's by far, but it was something!
Old Jan 9th 2010, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

farmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Its the same airline now...I just flew out with NW but the plane was a DELTA and the crew in DELTA uniform but the ticket was booked as NW, this also includes KLM and Air France.

Oh my ticket also showed no entertainment but there was full inflight movies etc (personalized)
I used to fly Portland, OR to Amsterdam with NW, but when I last went in November it had become "Delta".
Was very disappointed as the NW planes had been great, seatback personal entertainment etc. Then they got "Delta ized", it was terrible - some old clunker plane with awful fuzzy overhead monitors, old plasticky seats and bad food.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

I personally flew from Atlanta to and back from Manchester in May and December 2009 and both times I had back of the seat screens. The flights are operated by Delta but code share with NW and Air France.
Both flights in December were late taking off but we still arrived on time in Atlanta so there must be either a hell of a strong tail wind or a lot of slack in their time table.

Last edited by Vimto; Jan 9th 2010 at 12:29 pm. Reason: clarity
Old Jan 9th 2010, 4:57 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
We flew Delta to Edinburgh and there were movies in the back of the seats. Not as good as Air New Zealand's by far, but it was something!
I was on the new 777 outbound speaks for its self really.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

wordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to behold

With US airlines you choose your poison... they're all yukky IMO. All are just different degrees of bad and, as this thread shows, it's worth doing some research to pick a route with the newer planes. I personally hate Delta, but that's as much to do with being routed through Atlanta as anything else. Northwest used to be decent, but I haven't flow it in a while. American is the absolute pits. And United is an utter crapshoot -- decent (tho still poor by intl standards) seat back entertainment in its 777s but fly across the Pacific on its 747-400 fleet and it's "hello 1992".
Old Jan 10th 2010, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wordfool
With US airlines you choose your poison... they're all yukky IMO. All are just different degrees of bad and, as this thread shows, it's worth doing some research to pick a route with the newer planes. I personally hate Delta, but that's as much to do with being routed through Atlanta as anything else. Northwest used to be decent, but I haven't flow it in a while. American is the absolute pits. And United is an utter crapshoot -- decent (tho still poor by intl standards) seat back entertainment in its 777s but fly across the Pacific on its 747-400 fleet and it's "hello 1992".
If you know of any website that could tell me exactly what type of aircraft they'll be using on any given flight that would be good.

I've know when you book you usually are given the aircraft type, but to my knowlege they don't tell you whether you are getting an old or new one, I didn't think it was possible to find out for sure.
I flew Delta out of Gatwick in '08 and they had an old plane (no seatback TV) on the outbound leg and a newer one coming back.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 12:29 am
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

I flew Delta Atlanta - Manchester, and had a really nice flight with seat-tvs and lots of media options
Old Jan 12th 2010, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

wordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to beholdwordfool is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
If you know of any website that could tell me exactly what type of aircraft they'll be using on any given flight that would be good.
Seatguru should have that sort of information. And look on your reservation for the aircraft code (often labeled "equipment") that a lot of airlines now include (for example, 744 = 747-400, 753 = 757-300 etc.).

Last edited by wordfool; Jan 12th 2010 at 2:03 am.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 8:13 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

I flew into Atlanta via Philidelphia on Boxing day a few years ago and some dodgy guy tried to sell me a portable DVD player when I was sat in the Atlanta Bread in the arrivals lounge. It definitely isn't the friendliest city in America.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

were all one big happy family now......... yikes

manchester to atlanta is a delta plane.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
I flew into Atlanta via Philidelphia on Boxing day a few years ago and some dodgy guy tried to sell me a portable DVD player when I was sat in the Atlanta Bread in the arrivals lounge. It definitely isn't the friendliest city in America.
That sounds like a nice gesture, did you expect to get it as a Christmas present?
Old Jan 12th 2010, 6:09 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Believe me this was no nice gesture, I think he needed the money for womble dust or something.

He did offer to throw in a free copy of Lord of the Rings with it though.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 3:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
Delta fly Boeing 767-300 or 400 Atlanta- Mcr.Most of latest in flight facilities(seat back) Northwest although now part of Delta have never ventured into Mcr with any flights. Delta use Boeing 757 -200's (old) Etops (hence roof screens) on their JFK-Mcr route.
I flew Manchester - Atlanta on Delta today. Equipment was a 767-300, but there were no individual seatback display screens. Plus the sound was broken in the entire middle cabin!
Old Jan 13th 2010, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
I flew Manchester - Atlanta on Delta today. Equipment was a 767-300, but there were no individual seatback display screens. Plus the sound was broken in the entire middle cabin!
That's a bummer

You'd think that they'd have upgraded all these planes by now, it's a bad deal really.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.