Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Manchester to Atlanta with Delta or Northwest?

Manchester to Atlanta with Delta or Northwest?

Old Jan 8th 2010, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Manchester to Atlanta with Delta or Northwest?

Anyone flown this route recently?
We have a friend coming over on this route and on the Delta website when you click on the bit for flight ammenities it says no inflight entertainment?!

I told him I'd prefer Delta over Northwest, but not if there's no inflight entertainment
Old Jan 8th 2010, 2:48 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manchester to Atlanta with Delta or Northwest?

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist View Post
We have a friend coming over on this route and on the Delta website when you click on the bit for flight ammenities it says no inflight entertainment?!

I told him I'd prefer Delta over Northwest, but not if there's no inflight entertainment
Its the same airline now...I just flew out with NW but the plane was a DELTA and the crew in DELTA uniform but the ticket was booked as NW, this also includes KLM and Air France.

Oh my ticket also showed no entertainment but there was full inflight movies etc (personalized)
Old Jan 8th 2010, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl View Post
Its the same airline now...I just flew out with NW but the plane was a DELTA and the crew in DELTA uniform but the ticket was booked as NW, this also includes KLM and Air France.

Oh my ticket also showed no entertainment but there was full inflight movies etc (personalized)
ok, that's fine! Did you have seat back tv things?
Old Jan 8th 2010, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know what the aircraft is on that route? Might be worth taking a gander at seat guru for info? http://www.seatguru.com
Old Jan 8th 2010, 2:52 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

ok, that's fine! Did you have seat back tv things?
Yes indeed and you could watch what you wanted, when you wanted, all the latest, movies, TV shows new and classic its all there.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rebs View Post
Do you know what the aircraft is on that route? Might be worth taking a gander at seat guru for info? http://www.seatguru.com
Thanks Rebs, I looked at that but it didn't match the delta site.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes indeed and you could watch what you wanted, when you wanted, all the latest, movies, TV shows new and classic its all there.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 2:59 pm

Thanks Rebs, I looked at that but it didn't match the delta site.
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Del...nformation.php
Old Jan 8th 2010, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes, the seatguru info is ok, but the info on delta's website doesn't match it (says no inflight stuff) , and is wrong based on what you said.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 3:11 pm

Yes, the seatguru info is ok, but the info on delta's website doesn't match it (says no inflight stuff) , and is wrong based on what you said.
Typical....

http://www.delta.com/help/faqs/merger/index.jsp
Old Jan 8th 2010, 3:31 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

That's why ipod's exist.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 3:33 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll second this, my brother flew in March 2009 using this route and had the tv's in the back of the head-rest..with on demand films..
Old Jan 8th 2010, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

RadgieGadgie is a name known to allRadgieGadgie is a name known to allRadgieGadgie is a name known to allRadgieGadgie is a name known to allRadgieGadgie is a name known to allRadgieGadgie is a name known to allRadgieGadgie is a name known to allRadgieGadgie is a name known to allRadgieGadgie is a name known to allRadgieGadgie is a name known to allRadgieGadgie is a name known to all

My wife and flew back this route on the 2nd and it was just overhead screens. I think that it just depends on luck wether you get an older or newer plae. And on the delta operations guys of course.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

markhawksley is an unknown quantity at this point

I've not flown that route, but I have flown Delta transatlantic. The entertainment was just an overhead screen, so it kind of sucked, but I like Delta because they've never let me down...which is saying something in this day and age.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by RadgieGadgie View Post
My wife and flew back this route on the 2nd and it was just overhead screens. I think that it just depends on luck wether you get an older or newer plae. And on the delta operations guys of course.
Originally Posted by markhawksley View Post
I've not flown that route, but I have flown Delta transatlantic. The entertainment was just an overhead screen, so it kind of sucked, but I like Delta because they've never let me down...which is saying something in this day and age.
I think its like RG above stated its going to be hit and miss, I have flown with DELTA a few times TA and always had personalized TV's......I guess they will have to wait until departure day and take a good book just incase

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.