British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Manc... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/manc-313689/)

ImHere Jul 13th 2005 1:18 pm

Manc...

Whats did that weirdo say? ...just curious as you deleted them before I could read them.

Manc Jul 13th 2005 1:19 pm

Re: Manc...

Originally Posted by ImHere
Whats did that weirdo say? ...just curious as you deleted them before I could read them.

he just attached zip files.

which is bizarre. unless your trying to get people to download viruses or something.

Lion in Winter Jul 13th 2005 1:21 pm

Damn - got your own thread. Is this our big chance to talk about you?

ImHere Jul 13th 2005 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
he just attached zip files.

which is bizarre. unless your trying to get people to download viruses or something.

Ah right fair snuff. Cheers.

robskatie Jul 13th 2005 1:28 pm

Speaking of viruses, i've got a nasty trojan virus that my anti virus will not delete, any ideas anyone?

Ray Jul 13th 2005 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by robskatie
Speaking of viruses, i've got a nasty trojan virus that my anti virus will not delete, any ideas anyone?

Which one !!

robskatie Jul 13th 2005 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
Which one !!

This is the problem! I can't figure out which one it is, :confused: i'm downloading the anti virus update at present, i'm hoping when it's done that I will be able to delete it, it's messed up all my sounds and stuff if thats any help?!

Ray Jul 13th 2005 1:42 pm

This is the problem! I can't figure out which one it is, :confused: i'm downloading the anti virus update at present, i'm hoping when it's done that I will be able to delete it, it's messed up all my sounds and stuff if thats any help?!

Might be adware or spyware and not a virus ... any other symptoms

robskatie Jul 13th 2005 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
Might be adware or spyware and not a virus ... any other symptoms

Not that i've noticed, the main thing is the sound, sounds like it's been changed to echo, but we haven't changed anything, can't download any music because of it :(

Ray Jul 13th 2005 1:49 pm

Not that i've noticed, the main thing is the sound, sounds like it's been changed to echo, but we haven't changed anything, can't download any music because of it :(

Unlikely to be a virus ..most likely the settings ..
Human error ...

robskatie Jul 13th 2005 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
Unlikely to be a virus ..most likely the settings ..
Human error ...

but then my anti virus keeps popping up with trojan virus and when i try to delete it, it won't go away??

Ray Jul 13th 2005 1:52 pm

but then my anti virus keeps popping up with trojan virus and when i try to delete it, it won't go away??

Do you have spyware and adware programs ...

robskatie Jul 13th 2005 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
Do you have spyware and adware programs ...

You know what, I have no idea! Hubby is away and as you can tell i'm crap with computers! I went to pchell.com and they recommended noadware, should i download and pay the $30 do you think?

Ray Jul 13th 2005 2:01 pm

You know what, I have no idea! Hubby is away and as you can tell i'm crap with computers! I went to pchell.com and they recommended noadware, should i download and pay the $30 do you think?

Pay ....are you mad ...you need to download a couple of free programs ..
back shortly with the addresses ... Microsoft has just updated me and wants to shut down...

robskatie Jul 13th 2005 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
Pay ....are you mad ...you need to download a couple of free programs ..
back shortly with the addresses ... Microsoft has just updated me and wants to shut down...

Cheers Ray! I'll be waiting....!!!!!!!!