Man U.

Old May 16th 2005, 6:17 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Man U.

Either I missed the thread, or no one has done one yet.

What say you folk about the Glazers buying it up?

I stopped supporting the Bucs the day they hired the new coach, so am not too happy with them about now.

I can't imagine them owning such a British 'icon'.
Old May 16th 2005, 6:19 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Man U.

Originally Posted by izibear
I can't imagine them owning such a British 'icon'.
no-one minded when the Irish owned it
Old May 16th 2005, 6:24 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

I'd think it is a tad different from a yank owning it no?
Old May 16th 2005, 6:30 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to be covered in this thread in the Locker Room forum.

NC Penguin
Old May 16th 2005, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

As long as he does not piss about with the tv deal then I cannot see why they are moaning. And for a majority of premier league chairman it would be like turkeys voting for xmas agreeing with his ideas in that department.
Old May 16th 2005, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I stopped supporting the Bucs the day they hired the new coach, so am not too happy with them about now.

So you didn't celebrate the Super Bowl win that Gruden coached the team to that year?. Dungy the nearly man of football is doing the same thing with the Colts now. Glazer has a history of taking over a team and leading it to success. Unfortunatly, he also has a history of mortgaging a teams future for that one year of success.
Old May 16th 2005, 8:25 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

No sympathy here. It's the price you pay for taking your company/team public.
Old May 16th 2005, 8:48 pm
No, it's toe-mart-o!

Chandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant future

I laughed so hard I nearly ruptured a lung
Old May 16th 2005, 9:02 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
Glazer has a history of taking over a team and leading it to success. Unfortunatly, he also has a history of mortgaging a teams future for that one year of success.
he's gonna turn them into Chelsea then.
Old May 16th 2005, 10:50 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
So you didn't celebrate the Super Bowl win that Gruden coached the team to that year?. Dungy the nearly man of football is doing the same thing with the Colts now. Glazer has a history of taking over a team and leading it to success. Unfortunatly, he also has a history of mortgaging a teams future for that one year of success.
Dungy worked his behind off to get the team to where it got. He is still extremely well-liked in this city, as opposed to someone who shall remain nameless, who has not only chased away the fans, but the majority of the 'dream team' players in the process too.
Old May 17th 2005, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

BritishInOhio will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Chandler
I laughed so hard I nearly ruptured a lung
As a life long Liverpool fan I did too. I hope he ****s up the whole club.
Old May 17th 2005, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

come on how many man u fans are there in the UK anyway?

surely its not the fact he's a septic purely what his plans are for the club?
Old May 17th 2005, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Dungy worked his behind off to get the team to where it got. He is still extremely well-liked in this city, as opposed to someone who shall remain nameless, who has not only chased away the fans, but the majority of the 'dream team' players in the process too.
Actually, It was the money and picks in the draft that they gave the Raiders for Gruden which screwed the Bucs, as well as having an ageing roster of high priced talent that they couldn't afford to keep because of the salary cap. Glazer mortaged the teams future for that one year of success, which I guess isn't so bad when you consider that the Bucs were the doormat of the NFL for the majority of their life. There are signs that things could be turning the corner once more in Tampa, but I don't see them getting back to the Super Bowl any time soon.