Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Man spikes drink, whose fault?

Man spikes drink, whose fault?

Old Feb 15th 2006, 3:48 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Man spikes drink, whose fault?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/4701360.stm

Just been discussiing the above story with an American friend. I really felt for the guy who was poisoned and bad for the guy who played the prank. The friend believes that the guy had every right to put whatever he wanted in his bottle of coke and the other guy stole it so it shouldnt have been a prison sentence. What do you think?
Old Feb 15th 2006, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Man spikes drink, whose fault?

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass

Just been discussiing the above story with an American friend. I really felt for the guy who was poisoned and bad for the guy who played the prank. The friend believes that the guy had every right to put whatever he wanted in his bottle of coke and the other guy stole it so it shouldnt have been a prison sentence. What do you think?
ffs the guy is now deaf and blind for nicking his mates coke, I think he's lucky to have only got 15 months, IMO it should have been longer...I do feel bad for the guy that spiked the drink but what did he think was going to happen if he put anti freeze in it? He obviously has a house brick for a brain, if it had of been me, I'd have pissed in it.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 4:57 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodsey
ffs the guy is now deaf and blind for nicking his mates coke, I think he's lucky to have only got 15 months, IMO it should have been longer...I do feel bad for the guy that spiked the drink but what did he think was going to happen if he put anti freeze in it? He obviously has a house brick for a brain, if it had of been me, I'd have pissed in it.
Glad its not just me then, the guy nearly had me convinced that it was the guys right to put whatever he wanted in the coke and used the same argument as a burglar on your land shouldnt be there etc. since i read the story i felt awful for the whole situation but the guy convinced me it was justice. Bloody ran rings round me i guess
Old Feb 15th 2006, 10:34 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass

The fact that you are even asking tells me you've been living over here long enough to have developed symptoms of Itsnotmyfaultitis - closely related to Ihavenoresponsibiltyformyactionseria.

Of course the guy who spiked the drink was at fault. Next!
Old Feb 15th 2006, 12:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

What makes him more at fault is he didn't tell anyone right away. If he had the chances are the other guy would have been fine, that in itself should have upped the sentance.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 1:58 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder why the guy was always drinking out of his friends coke? That sounds pretty bizarre. I mean really.... who does that?

The guy that did the poisoning is at fault. If he's a mechanic then he knows that anti-freeze is pretty much odorless and tasteless.... or perhaps even has pleasant taste. That's why pets die from ingesting it all of the time. I've been warned (from childhood) about the dangers of pets getting into the anti-freeze.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 2:12 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Its all about intent.

He knew that the probability was that his colleague would drink the cola and he put the anti-freeze in because of that. Therefore he intended his colleague to drink the spiked cola.

If he didn't know his colleague was drinking his cola and just put it in for some bizzare reason then theres no intent and hence not guilty.

Guilty as charged.

He's lucky he didn't get charged with attempted murder.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 2:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Wonder why the guy was always drinking out of his friends coke? That sounds pretty bizarre. I mean really.... who does that?

The guy that did the poisoning is at fault. If he's a mechanic then he knows that anti-freeze is pretty much odorless and tasteless.... or perhaps even has pleasant taste. That's why pets die from ingesting it all of the time. I've been warned (from childhood) about the dangers of pets getting into the anti-freeze.
Damn it, there goes my winter-drink-for-dogs idea.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 2:32 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

if it had of been me, I'd have pissed in it.
You can piss in a bottle ??
Bloody hell - that must be quite a trick
Old Feb 15th 2006, 3:45 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Some wines contain anti-freeze .. I seem to remember a big case about that many years ago ...
Old Feb 15th 2006, 5:07 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

if it had of been me, I'd have pissed in it.
From what kind of distance?
Old Feb 15th 2006, 5:12 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Some wines contain anti-freeze .. I seem to remember a big case about that many years ago ...
Thats why you want to buy French wine with 'Appelation Controllee' on the label - (its French for 'we went light on the antifreeze')
Old Feb 15th 2006, 5:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Easier to write in the snow
Old Feb 15th 2006, 5:21 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarlM
Thats why you want to buy French wine with 'Appelation Controllee' on the label - (its French for 'we went light on the antifreeze')
This is what I remembered.... not that bad really ... they say ..

While it's true that some Austrian winemakers were caught adding an illicit sweetening agent in 1985, the substance in question was diethylene glycol, not ethylene glycol. Though you probably wouldn't want to chug a gallon of it, diethylene glycol is nowhere near as harmful as its similarly named chemical cousin.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 5:39 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BigDavyG

I saw that on TV once. With training the girlies can be pretty accurate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.