Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Man shoots lawyer, misses

Man shoots lawyer, misses

Old Nov 1st 2003, 2:42 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Man shoots lawyer, misses

This is probably the most scariest thing I've seen since moving here.
Some TV camera crews were waiting outside a courthouse on the Robert Blake case, when a man comes up and starts shooting at a lawyer. The Court TV camera crew filmed everything.
It is very weird as well as scary - The laywer hides behind this small tree trying to hide from this guy shooting him.
It initially looks like the man is shooting blank bullets or keeps missing.
He fires about 6 shots and the lawyer dodges from left to right behind the tree - like he's playing peek-a-boo.
As I said if you've seen the footage (shown on every local TV news ad infinitum) it looks very strange and alarming.

News report -->
Drama surrounded the hearing of actor Robert Blake both in and out of the courtroom Friday. Shortly after the judge dismissed conspiracy charges against the former 'Baretta' star, a lawyer was shot outside the courthouse in an apparently unrelated incident.

The 64-year-old gunman, William Strier, opened fire on the attorney at point-blank range on a public walkway, and then calmly walked away. He was tackled moments later by an off-duty sheriff's reserve officer and taken into police custody.

A lawyer was shot several times by a gunman outside the same courthouse where the Robert Blake hearing occurred earlier Friday

The victim, Gerald Curry, 53, received gunshot wounds to the arm and neck. He was taken to Holy Cross Hospital, where he is listed in stable condition.
http://courttv.com/trials/blake/103103_ap.html

Real Video
> *Warning - Graphic images* <

------------------------------

In other news from here - another two murders in Greensboro, NC.
More people have been killed in this one CITY than in the whole of the UK last year.

WHEN WILL PEOPLE LEARN !

(From my cold dead hands.... what a tw*t.)

Rant over.
Old Nov 1st 2003, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

I heard the bullet hit the lawyers wallet & rested harmlessly in al those greenbacks.
Old Nov 1st 2003, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Man shoots lawyer, misses

no need to get alarmist. this type of thing happens every day here in America. you live here long enough, you get to understand that after a while. there was another shooting here also at the local criminal courthouse.

..and it's not just the shootings that bother some of us, but the poverty, the hunger, the lack of medical care, etc. etc. etc. the list goes on and on.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...gry_families_1

Originally posted by Webbie
Some TV camera crews were waiting outside a courthouse on the Robert Blake case, when a man comes up and starts shooting at a lawyer. The Court TV camera crew filmed everything.
It is very weird as well as scary - The laywer hides behind this small tree trying to hide from this guy shooting him.
He fires about 6 shots and the lawyer dodges from left to right behind the tree - like he's playing peek-a-boo.
As I said if you've seen the footage (shown on every local TV news ad infinitum) it looks very strange and alarming.

News report -->

Real Video

More people have been killed in this one CITY than in the whole of the UK last year.

WHEN WILL PEOPLE LEARN !

Rant over.
Old Nov 1st 2003, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jaytee
no need to get alarmist. this type of thing happens every day here in America. you live here long enough, you get to understand that after a while. there was another shooting here also at the local criminal courthouse.

..and it's not just the shootings that bother some of us, but the poverty, the hunger, the lack of medical care, etc. etc. etc. the list goes on and on.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...gry_families_1
Most of the crime doesn't make the news anyway- it's very easy to bury your head in the sand and pretend it isn't happening. One thing I found it hard to get used to-and have found that many ex-pats never really bother to- you have to make an effort to find out what is really going on in this country. In UK a child goes missing and the whole country knows about it by the time the 9 o clock news is on- here you will probably never know unless its a 'high profile' case. Children go missing every day- people are murdered locally every day.

Like you though Jaytee its the poverty, hunger, health situation that bother me- and I didn't realise the full extent of that till I worked in the old HRS (social services).
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

edwords is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Webbie

News report -->

Real Video

WHEN WILL PEOPLE LEARN !

Rant over.
Well, at least here I'm free to defend myself and am not forced to beg the police to "please come and take a look when you may have the time."
BTW, gun crime in the U.K is rising at a faster rate than in the U.S.
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

UK gun crime is starting from a smaller base, therefore as a % it will rise faster than in the US. The US still has a higher gun crime rate than the UK per capita. I suggets you watch Bowling For Columbine for a truly scary view of how lax gun law is in the USA.
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
UK gun crime is starting from a smaller base, therefore as a % it will rise faster than in the US. The US still has a higher gun crime rate than the UK per capita. I suggets you watch Bowling For Columbine for a truly scary view of how lax gun law is in the USA.
Bowling for Columbine is a largely fictional film. Moore made up the facts as he went along.
The truth is violent crime in America has been plummeting for 10 consecutive years, as British violence has been rising. By 1995 English rates of violent crime were already far higher than America's for every major violent crime except murder and rape. And England is rapidly catching up with the U.S. in those categories, too.
Anyway, banning guns will only take weapons out of the hands of law-abiding citizens. Criminals, by nature, do not obey laws.
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by edwords
Bowling for Columbine is a largely fictional film. Moore made up the facts as he went along.
The truth is violent crime in America has been plummeting for 10 consecutive years, as British violence has been rising. By 1995 English rates of violent crime were already far higher than America's for every major violent crime except murder and rape. And England is rapidly catching up with the U.S. in those categories, too.
Anyway, banning guns will only take weapons out of the hands of law-abiding citizens. Criminals, by nature, do not obey laws.
Bowling for Columbine is based on fact. How can u justify the morons in the nra holding a rally in Denver a week after Columbine ?
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Bowling for Columbine is based on fact. How can u justify the morons in the nra holding a rally in Denver a week after Columbine ?

Moore never mentions anything except that American society, American culture and American values are solely to blame for the acts of these two cold-blooded killers.

Based on fact? Bowling for Columbine is riddled with falsehoods, errors and things simply concocted out of thin air. Example: Moore goes to the Lockheed Martin plant in Littleton and with a backdrop of huge rocket boosters says, “So you don’t think our kids say to themselves, ‘Dad goes off to the factory every day, he builds missiles of mass destruction. What’s the difference between that mass destruction and the mass destruction over at Columbine High School?’� But these “missiles� were actually rocket boosters used in placing tv satellites in orbit, a fact ferreted out by Forbes magazine.

BTW, Two weeks following the murders, the NRA held its annual corporate meetings, which had been scheduled there since February 1995, in Denver. Normally, the yearly convention includes exhibits, an annual banquet and many smaller events for the entertainment and education of members. All were cancelled in deference to the grief over the murders.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 1:54 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

Homecoming was ruined for a high school in cookie cutter Northern VA suburb this weekend, their star footballer was shot to death by a 15 year old student....didn't even make the headlines....slipped in there somewhere between Bush's dollar burning relection campaign trip and the newscasters awe at the record temperatures this weekend.

Talking of Bush ....who pays for his use of Air Force One for his campaigning tours? I know he has a fundraisers for the campaign but does that cash pay for AFOne also?
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 4:07 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PrincessofWales
<<snip>>

Talking of Bush ....who pays for his use of Air Force One for his campaigning tours? I know he has a fundraisers for the campaign but does that cash pay for AFOne also?
You know, strikes me that we (foreigners) are asking questions that Americans really should be asking and getting the answers to...

Many of us reading this forum aren't eligible to vote (yet)!

NC Penguin
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 4:10 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

Well you do have to wonder....after all we pay taxes too...but have no right to question where our dollars go?
Old Nov 4th 2003, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by PrincessofWales
Well you do have to wonder....after all we pay taxes too...but have no right to question where our dollars go?
Exactly POW, the isreali defence force is funded to the tune of $ 10 million PER DAY to kill Arab women & kids.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by edwords
BTW, Two weeks following the murders, the NRA held its annual corporate meetings, which had been scheduled there since February 1995, in Denver. Normally, the yearly convention includes exhibits, an annual banquet and many smaller events for the entertainment and education of members. All were cancelled in deference to the grief over the murders.
And after the shooting of a 6 yr old child in Flint MI, Chuck is there spouting his nra shite again.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

And after the shooting of a 6 yr old child in Flint MI, Chuck is there spouting his nra shite again.
It's time to round up all the knives, as we sink deeper into a "knife culture."

---------------------------

Boy dies after school stabbing

Press Association Tuesday November 4, 2003

A 14-year-old boy died today after being stabbed inside the Lincolnshire school he attended, police said. A 15-year-old student at Birkbeck school, in North Somercotes, near Louth, was arrested and taken to Skegness police station in connection with the death.

Police were called to the school at 10.12am following reports of fight between two students. The 14-year-old was taken to Grimsby hospital, but was later pronounced dead.

Lincolnshire police said that they could not identify the boy, as the next of kin had yet to be informed. A police statement was expected later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.