Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

"Man Drove Off With Foot"

Wikiposts

"Man Drove Off With Foot"

Old Mar 4th 2005, 11:08 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Man Drove Off With Foot"

Originally Posted by Manc
and who would pay out the $1,000,000 should he have won it.

I can bet if he's not arsed about driving on a provisional license he's probably not got insurance either.

So where do you think this $1,000,000 is gonna come from?
Even if it was the USA, most people aren't insured over say $250,000 in bodily injury.

so..........
where do you want this $1,000,000 to come from?
Not a million, but most Americans have free AD&D (accidental death and dismemberment) policies through work that would pay out a minimum of $10,000 USD for such an occurrence. Better than £300 off some tosser!
Old Mar 4th 2005, 11:21 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
but most Americans have free AD&D (accidental death and dismemberment) policies through work
you look at your AD&D policy.
you need to lose 2 limbs to settle a claim.
I think only one limb and it's only half a settlement.......

seriously!

anyways.............
Old Mar 4th 2005, 11:22 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Franklin
If you think you are having a particularly bad day/week/year ...

"A driver who knocked down a motorcyclist and drove away with the biker's foot stuck in his bumper has been jailed for two months."

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...173248,00.html
Volvo drivers - ask anyone whos ridden a bike in the UK
Old Mar 4th 2005, 11:23 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlisonPA
And two months in prison and banned for driving for two years! What a crock! ******* hell how lenient are then now in the UK?
no shit!! :scared: I've been away 10 years...lately on the forum i'm seeing people refer to the U.s justice system as the one that would actually do a better job..now isn't THAT bloody scary :scared: ..what the heck is the U.k coming too

hopefully the victim will appeal..that punishment is a crock of shit!
Old Mar 4th 2005, 11:35 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

you look at your AD&D policy.
you need to lose 2 limbs to settle a claim.
I think only one limb and it's only half a settlement.......
Okay.... maybe for a foot you get half of a half, or $2,500. Still doing better, and no court costs to sue a wanker who can't pay you anyway.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 11:49 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

and who would pay out the $1,000,000 should he have won it.

I can bet if he's not arsed about driving on a provisional license he's probably not got insurance either.

So where do you think this $1,000,000 is gonna come from?
Even if it was the USA, most people aren't insured over say $250,000 in bodily injury.

so..........
where do you want this $1,000,000 to come from?
yeah but manc that's just the money side of it , that bastard who ran this poor cyclyist over and then left the scene of the accident ...was commiting a hit and run....regardless of the cash ...this bugger should recieve some serious jail time...that could have been me or you on that bike!
Old Mar 4th 2005, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

erkydooks will become famous soon enougherkydooks will become famous soon enough

Doesnt he have entitlement to a payment from the criminal compensation board. Awarded costs have always been small from the courts but this is usually suplemented by other avenues.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 2:18 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

the £300 was basically from the taxpayer........
No, the article said he was to the pay the £300. It must be based on his assets and ability to pay isn't it? So basically he must have **** all in the money dept.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 3:40 pm
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
No, the article said he was to the pay the £300. It must be based on his assets and ability to pay isn't it? So basically he must have **** all in the money dept.
Think of what he had to pay in fines if he had eight endorsements on his licence. I think at some point, you should just impound the car.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't the driver a law student?
Old Mar 4th 2005, 4:11 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Wasn't the driver a law student?
You're right. So past tense is most certainly appropriat.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 4:14 pm
Back Again

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Think of what he had to pay in fines if he had eight endorsements on his licence.
yeah probably cost him an arm and a leg

sorry that was really bad..i hate it but it just popped in my head!! why am i laughing!!?? bad Dobby

Last edited by Celtic_Angel; Mar 4th 2005 at 4:19 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 4:17 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
yeah probably cost him an arm and a leg
Good. Then Manc can settle the AD&D 2-limb problem.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 7:40 pm
Lapine Member

It just gets worse.....

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm...name_page.html

Mr Dearing, all of 23, was on a provisional licence and in violation of its terms. He apparently stopped at the time of the crash, looked at the victim, and left! He pulled over at a pub two miles down the road and found, along with the foot in his bumper, that his front licence plate had been torn off. Yes, THAT'S when he decided to phone police.

The victim had his entire leg amputated; that is consistent in the two accounts.

If I get his address, Manc, would you please sort out Mr Dearing?

Last edited by snowbunny; Mar 4th 2005 at 7:47 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

As a law student he obviously has not learned how to charge an arm & a leg yet then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.