Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Making a trip home...Questions?

Wikiposts

Making a trip home...Questions?

Old Jun 16th 2007, 9:53 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Making a trip home...Questions?

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
I am talking about the airport itself... last time I flew through there they were doing some work and the place was a mess... I travelled alone with my then 18 month old daughter: all I remember was walking for what seemed like miles through this rat maze toting my daughter, hand luggage and a car seat...

I am flying Grand Rapids-Chicago-Heathrow-Teeside
Heathrow Airport is currently made up of four seperate terminals - and there will always be building work going on in at least one of them.

How far you will have to walk for your connecting flight to Teeside will depend on which terminal you arrive in. All UK domestic flights depart from Terminal 1. So that is where you have to go for your Teeside flight.

If you're coming in from Chicago O'Hare you will be arriving in Terminal 3 or Terminal 4.
Generally speaking: the walk from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1 is shorter than the walk from Terminal 3 to Terminal 1. And if you arrive in Terminal 4, you can't walk to Terminal 1 but have to take the airport bus.

Have a look at www.baa.com and choose "Heathrow". Then click on "Flight information" and select "Airlines and Destinations". You can then check which US airlines fly into which terminal from Chicago O'Hare.

The above web site has maps of all terminals. That means you can see and plan the most direct "route" to Terminal 1. That way at least you won't set off in the wrong direction.

On a general note: T1 and T2 are usually CRAMMED FULL of people. So, you can only walk slowly.

Gina

Last edited by GinaUK; Jun 16th 2007 at 10:00 pm.