Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Makes you wonder why you should do it legally!

Makes you wonder why you should do it legally!

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Makes you wonder why you should do it legally!

A week ago at work one of the loss prevention people caught a shoplifter. When they catch a female they also have another female witness while they are questioned/processed. I was the witness. Anyhow while she was questioned she said her parents had come from Mexico 2 years ago and they she had no ID of any kind, I whispered to LP that she was probably an illegal. When the police turned up to take her to jail LP mentioned that she had no ID and was probably an illegal. The cop said it really wasn't a big deal they probably wouldn't do anything about it anyway

Makes me kinda pissed that I spend $$$ doing this the right way and a fence jumper pays nothing and gets to stay!

Climbing down off my soap box now.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 6:39 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Makes you wonder why you should do it legally!

Yeah, we have a two-tier justice system here in Colorado.
Denver is a "sanctuary" city, unfortunately. It ultimately means illegals are let go when commit crimes you and I would go to jail for.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:06 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

Hey, it's the norm.

Don't pay your taxes and you can barter with the IRS!

Don't pay your Mortgage and the Govt will help you out.

Increase your Credit Score but you still won't qualify for a loan!

Low Credit Score - The govt will force the banks to loan.

A Govt that believes that "free" healthcare in other countries is a model for the USA - I say - send them to a UK hospital for a stay!

And we wonder why we are in the hole we are in.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:32 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Makes me kinda pissed that I spend $$$ doing this the right way and a fence jumper pays nothing and gets to stay!

Climbing down off my soap box now.
In Phoenix they would be passed to ICE soon after they were arrested. I have mixed feeling about this. Sounds great, doesn't it? But the human cost can be rather high.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
In Phoenix they would be passed to ICE soon after they were arrested. I have mixed feeling about this. Sounds great, doesn't it? But the human cost can be rather high.
Later when I was talking to the LP person that caught her she said that a couple of weeks earlier she caught a guy that told her upfront he was an illegal he also said that the police wouldn't be bothered.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:46 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Later when I was talking to the LP person that caught her she said that a couple of weeks earlier she caught a guy that told her upfront he was an illegal he also said that the police wouldn't be bothered.
Wait till the Michigan cops are stopping anyone driving with brown skin on any pretext to get them deported. Then you can witness the human cost.

http://www.phxhs.k12.az.us/education...73&pagecat=384
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Britinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud of

Yes it's much more fun beating the crap out of a teenage girl.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7917295.stm

This is what terrifies me about the police over here.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

If there's no legal requirement to carry ID and the suspect keeps quiet, there's no way to prove he/she isn't a USC or here on a visa; because this is only shoplifting I doubt the cops can be bothered to chase it, whereas if it was murder they probably would.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
If there's no legal requirement to carry ID and the suspect keeps quiet, there's no way to prove he/she isn't a USC or here on a visa; because this is only shoplifting I doubt the cops can be bothered to chase it, whereas if it was murder they probably would.
I am sure I was told at my INS interview that I was legally required to carry my visa and green card with me at all times.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:06 pm
Septicity

http://www.ice.gov/pi/news/factsheet...ommunities.htm
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure I was told at my INS interview that I was legally required to carry my visa and green card with me at all times.
I think you're correct, but unless he/she says otherwise you'd have to assume he/she is a USC.. otherwise they'll end up on the wrong end of a court case.

I'm just saying I see why the police wouldn't bother.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think you're correct, but unless he/she says otherwise you'd have to assume he/she is a USC.. otherwise they'll end up on the wrong end of a court case.

I'm just saying I see why the police wouldn't bother.
If she said she came to the US from Mexicao 2 years ago I wouldn't assume she was a citizen just the opposite infact.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If she said she came to the US from Mexicao 2 years ago I wouldn't assume she was a citizen just the opposite infact.
I must be tired... I totally missed that!
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just remembered - in Denver they were charged with Agricultural Trespass, to avoid a Felony and auto deportation.

Not a lot of Agriculture in Denver.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Scot_in_NYC has a spectacular aura aboutScot_in_NYC has a spectacular aura aboutScot_in_NYC has a spectacular aura about

I'n not saying this wasnt the case but I certainly wasn't told that. I know I need a driving licence when driving but don't think it's the law to carry your visa etc?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.