Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

This makes me shiver

This makes me shiver

Old Jan 11th 2007, 4:06 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute
Default This makes me shiver

How about you?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6250687.stm
Old Jan 11th 2007, 4:23 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This makes me shiver

It irritates me for sure. I notice he declined to say how many more billions he's asking for this time.

Yep, and Congress has still failed to pass a federal budget for the year. In fact, current indications are that they don't plan on passing one at all. And while I understand that this acts in ways to limit federal spending, I'm also dismayed by the inability of the current crop of politicians to deal with issues of money.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 12:43 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
Iraq is a total pooch screw and we should have never gone in in the first place, but the Dems aren't offering honest or thoughtful leadership either. The fact is that we are where we are on Iraq and crap like this:
MR. RUSSERT: "Would you send more American troops in order to stabilize the situation?"

REP. PELOSI: "Yes."- Nancy Pelosi on 'Dateline' May 30, 2004 (and on many other occassions)
"We want to do everything we can to help Iraq succeed in the future but, like many of our senior military leaders, we do not believe that adding more U.S. combat troops contributes to success,"- Nancy Pelosi January 10, 2006.
...isn't helpful.

The Republicans are stuck in an awful situation of their own creation (with Democrat's help). They don't have the ability to define a face-saving way out. On the other hand, the Democrats have built their whole platform on criticising the Republicans at every turn without providing any new thought leadership of their own. Now that they have the majority, Dems don't seem to know how to genuinely lead.

Nobody gets out of this one easily. Some basic competance in Washington would be nice at this point.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 4:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

anyone actually watch the address?

I couldn't be bothered to be honest after a couple mins...but he didn't half look tango'd
Old Jan 11th 2007, 6:51 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
anyone actually watch the address?

I couldn't be bothered to be honest after a couple mins...but he didn't half look tango'd
I saw the last few minutes of it but didn't really hear much as I was busy ranting to the wife about what a psychotic little, short arsed, pretend cowboy but terrified of horses, brain dead, school yard bully, toss pot he is. No offence George. Just say it like I see it.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:07 pm
'mon the cowboys

texas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond repute

It was mentioned a while back that there were only 3 options:
1) Go Big
2) Go Long
3) Go Home

IMHO, I think Dubya has picked the wrong option.

But - I think there is another one - Go Nucular <dubya sic>
Why not glass the place, and the rest of the middle east whilst th'all are over there too.
Make the place uninhabitable for the next 10,000 years and that'll sort the F#@r's out.

LOL

C
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:16 pm
Bugger Off!

Originally Posted by texas_ranger
It was mentioned a while back that there were only 3 options:
1) Go Big
2) Go Long
3) Go Home

IMHO, I think Dubya has picked the wrong option.

But - I think there is another one - Go Nucular <dubya sic>
Why not glass the place, and the rest of the middle east whilst th'all are over there too.
Make the place uninhabitable for the next 10,000 years and that'll sort the F#@r's out.

LOL

C
Cant do that, they need the oil to run the SUV's they like so much, and the Hummers they drive to the store which is a five minute walk away. I actually saw a family drive from Pet Smart the other week all the way to Hobby Lobby about 20 yards away. It took longer to unpark and repark the car than it would have to walk there and back. Drifted a bit there didnt I.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:22 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

So we didn't send the troops that we should have sent in the first place, that the military requested. Now what?

What concerns me is that as we withdraw troops, the troops left are in an ever worsening state of security themselves. Who's going to turn out the lights?
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:24 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

America's men and women in uniform took away al-Qaeda's safe haven in Afghanistan - and we will not allow them to re-establish it in Iraq.

Just like a Hollywood movie, all on their f*ing own again.

Victory will not look like the ones our fathers and grandfathers achieved.
There will be no surrender ceremony on the deck of a battleship.

We're looking at the helicopters off of the Embassy roof scenario again.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:28 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Either that or they all sneak out at night.... (hangs head in utter dismay).

Too bad there's not more coast line, we could Dunkirk them.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:30 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

I'm at the stage now where I have to go all "LA LA LA LA LA LA NOT LISTENING TO YOU BUSH! LA LA LA LA LA LA"
Otherwise I 'd either cry in frustration or put my head through the screen.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:33 pm
Bugger Off!

America's men and women in uniform took away al-Qaeda's safe haven in Afghanistan - and we will not allow them to re-establish it in Iraq.

Just like a Hollywood movie, all on their f*ing own again.

Victory will not look like the ones our fathers and grandfathers achieved.
There will be no surrender ceremony on the deck of a battleship.

Couldn't agree more. They have never learned a single lesson from any war they have ever fought (and lost) or from any other nations conflicts down through history. They sent half a million troops to Vietnam and still the guys in black pyjamas were not perturbed. In fact the more troops they sent the more determined the little fellas became not to be subjagted. Also it infuriates me when he talks about the new Iraq government having to sort out all the trouble that he/they have caused. Oh sod it. I'm taking my ball and I'm going in!
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:40 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

This is the scariest one

On one side are those who believe in freedom and moderation. On the other side are extremists who kill the innocent, and have declared their intention to destroy our way of life.
In the long run, the most realistic way to protect the American people is to provide a hopeful alternative to the hateful ideology of the enemy - by advancing liberty across a troubled region.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 10:48 pm
Lapine Member

This is the scariest one

On one side are those who believe in freedom and moderation. On the other side are extremists who kill the innocent, and have declared their intention to destroy our way of life.
In the long run, the most realistic way to protect the American people is to provide a hopeful alternative to the hateful ideology of the enemy - by advancing liberty across a troubled region.
.....by destroying their way of life. I'm declaring our intention.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:06 pm
Bugger Off!

This is the scariest one

Who decided it was a hareful idealogy? Bush? I don't agree with Sharia law, Islamic attitude toward women and a million other things. But that is their way of life and their business. And how much of a threat to American People were the shadowy and all encompasing 'they' when bush decided to invade Iraq? More than 60% of New Yorkers are now sceptical about the events of 9/11 and how much the guv knew in advance. So if that is the whole justification (which it is) for keeping americans safe from terrorists, well, even americans no longer believe the hype. Ran rant rant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.