Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Mail Service From UK To US

Mail Service From UK To US

Old Jun 21st 2012, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

StephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud of
Default Mail Service From UK To US

It's my birthday tomorrow and my Mum mailed me 2 birthday cards, one from her and one from my brother. The one from my brother arrived in 4 days, the one from her still ain't here. Last year one of my cards was missing too. Anyone have any experiences like this with getting mail from the UK?
Old Jun 21st 2012, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mail Service From UK To US

Sometimes you do get unusual glitches.

My sister and family send me birthday cards. Usually they are here within the week but last year one of them took 2 weeks to arrive. No explanation really, it had the correct address and postage on it.

One Christmas a small parcel took over a month to arrive - again it had the correct address and postage.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

StephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud ofStephieFaith83 has much to be proud of

When DH and I were long distance, a Christmas card he sent me ended up in Bermuda. I got it after 5 weeks. It's just awful, I miss my family and it's nice getting their cards to open on my birthday. The mail service I've found is completely unreliable lately, unless you have tracking or an expedited service.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

My family has posted several cards into the same postbox at the same time, one item takes an extra few days to arrive for no apparent reason. Happens quite a lot.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 7:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Luck of the draw.

Definitely found in bound mail generally to arrive pretty decently over all. Sometimes parcels take a little longer.

Out bound has been a lot more hit or miss, but generally gets there though.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 9:28 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

My sister sent me a gift when I first moved over and she received it back something like 7 months later!! NO idea what happened there... We'd given up on it by that point.

On the whole though, it does seem to get here in a reasonable amount of time.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 11:31 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StephieFaith83 View Post
It's my birthday tomorrow and my Mum mailed me 2 birthday cards, one from her and one from my brother. The one from my brother arrived in 4 days, the one from her still ain't here. Last year one of my cards was missing too. Anyone have any experiences like this with getting mail from the UK?
Happy Birthday. Hope you enjoy your day!
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Peter525839 will become famous soon enoughPeter525839 will become famous soon enough

Our friends sent a small package last October from Sheffield. It arrived in Boston in April. What made it even funnier was they included a Christmas card
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

ive found if you pay and have airmail sticker on it gets to usa in around 4 days, without airmail normally 2 weeks
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 5:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redarmy990 View Post
ive found if you pay and have airmail sticker on it gets to usa in around 4 days, without airmail normally 2 weeks
That's funny because it shouldn't make any difference as it is all air mail anyway...
Old Jul 10th 2012, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

I sent 2 packages to the UK on July 2nd, they aren't there yet.

I sent a package to the UK on July 5th, it got there today.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason at all.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StephieFaith83 View Post
We usually get packages and cards with no problems. But my daughter mailed a card to us a few years back that took a couple of months to appear.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

I've started using Moonpig.com for birthday cards etc. As the cards are produced in the UK and mailed from the UK, it's much more reliable. My family have started using them this way too now, they are dispatched from Jersey. We haven't had any issues yet. I hate international mail with a passion, it's expensive, unreliable and I'm going to do everything I can from now to avoid it at all costs...
Old Jul 11th 2012, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

HighCountry will become famous soon enoughHighCountry will become famous soon enough

I try to get everything sent out 1-2 weeks before the date (doesn't always happen). There are glitches both ways, though.