Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Mail in Rebates.....

Mail in Rebates.....

Old Jan 11th 2005, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mail in Rebates.....

Are shite!

Having a bad day with these things today, I can't get over what a farce and a scam these things are. For a start they seem to take ages to come through (if they do at all!) and I've lost count of the times I have to play the phone game with the mongs at customer service chasing up the ones that were, to me, trying it on, ie if you hadn't phoned they would magically brush your rebate under the carpet!

Rant over, back to phoning up some more muppets.....
Old Jan 11th 2005, 3:49 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mail in Rebates.....

Originally Posted by Dan725
Are shite!
yes, agreed.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 3:50 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Are shite!

Having a bad day with these things today, I can't get over what a farce and a scam these things are. For a start they seem to take ages to come through (if they do at all!) and I've lost count of the times I have to play the phone game with the mongs at customer service chasing up the ones that were, to me, trying it on, ie if you hadn't phoned they would magically brush your rebate under the carpet!

Rant over, back to phoning up some more muppets.....
I've mailed in many rebates since moving to the US and I've never had a problem getting the check. It certainly does take time though...

NC Penguin
Old Jan 11th 2005, 3:51 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

just take the price off the total in the shop please.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
I've mailed in many rebates since moving to the US and I've never had a problem getting the check. It certainly does take time though...

NC Penguin

You are indeed a lucky person! They'll get you eventually.....
Old Jan 11th 2005, 4:01 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
just take the price off the total in the shop please.
I've talked shop assistants into doing just that too.

NC Penguin
Old Jan 11th 2005, 4:01 pm
@matthewb76

I've talked shop assistants into doing just that too.

NC Penguin
yeah but you have charm, guile, wit and are polite.

I get told to piss off.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

BrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree with NC, hubby does the rebate thingy all the time and they always come through...sorry to hear that your's haven't.

Here's a site that you can check to see where the bloody hell they've got to though....

www.wheresmyrebate.com
Old Jan 11th 2005, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BrandonBrit
I have to agree with NC, hubby does the rebate thingy all the time and they always come through...sorry to hear that your's haven't.

Here's a site that you can check to see where the bloody hell they've got to though....

www.wheresmyrebate.com
Thanks for the info, I'll check that out....just got off the phone with one pillock who said "(bleat) we're so busy after Christmas blah blah blah.....I said I understand that, but I bought the goods in bloody September, so much for your "allow 9-12 weeks"! They are now going to send it quickly (they say)....one of those scammers I referred to in the OP!
Old Jan 11th 2005, 5:10 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info, I'll check that out....just got off the phone with one pillock who said "(bleat) we're so busy after Christmas blah blah blah.....I said I understand that, but I bought the goods in bloody September, so much for your "allow 9-12 weeks"! They are now going to send it quickly (they say)....one of those scammers I referred to in the OP!

from a business perspective the rebate promotions are costed on that many people will forget to mail them or mes them up

so, it boils down to - would you rather have a discount and go through hassle, or get no discount at all
Old Jan 11th 2005, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

Mail-in rebates should be illegal. Their basis is that some people will pay more than an advertised price by either not claiming the rebate or having the rebate denied through myriad terms and conditions. Absolutely unethical marketing scam.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 6:11 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CalgaryAMC
Mail-in rebates should be illegal. Their basis is that some people will pay more than an advertised price by either not claiming the rebate or having the rebate denied through myriad terms and conditions. Absolutely unethical marketing scam.
All the added sales tax is a load of bollocks too. The price you see should be the price you pay, instead you get a new price when you check out. Me and the ball & chain went to Ikea and paid $10 in added tax! WTF???
Old Jan 11th 2005, 6:14 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Hall of Shame Entry

Motorola, Surfboard Cable Modem, $20

Where is it you @!#$%@#%ers?
Old Jan 11th 2005, 6:15 pm
Banned

Gross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the rough

NC Penguin
mine have always come through too. takes time and arrive when least expected.

could be that you are loosing mail.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
from a business perspective the rebate promotions are costed on that many people will forget to mail them or mes them up

so, it boils down to - would you rather have a discount and go through hassle, or get no discount at all
Well obviously I'll take the hassle, but what with America land of great customer service, you shouldn't have to have the hassle. They employ these rebate monkies to do a job, they should do it instead of trying to fob you off all the time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.