British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Mail Forwarding Services (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/mail-forwarding-services-592069/)

mr_bluth Feb 17th 2009 2:06 pm

Mail Forwarding Services

Has anyone used any services like www.expatmail.co.uk for managing their UK post after emigrating to the US? Would love to hear some real world experiences of such services before I consider using one.

Thanks in advance!

English Muffin Feb 17th 2009 2:31 pm

Re: Mail Forwarding Services

I used Royal Mail's redirection service to have everything sent to me in the US and had no problems at all.

MsElui Feb 17th 2009 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by English Muffin (Post 7294065)
I used Royal Mail's redirection service to have everything sent to me in the US and had no problems at all.

same here - mines on its 3rd 6 month extention now (and third different US address) and we have had no issues. a bit slow maybe - but then that could be the usps bit?

Jerseygirl Feb 17th 2009 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by MsElui (Post 7294085)
same here - mines on its 3rd 6 month extention now (and third different US address) and we have had no issues. a bit slow maybe - but then that could be the usps bit?

I used RM's redirection service for years. I found it very useful when buying things from M&S online. :sneaky:

mr_bluth Feb 17th 2009 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 7294148)
I used RM's redirection service for years. I found it very useful when buying things from M&S online. :sneaky:

Thanks everyone - was considering it so that I could still get things from places that only ship to the UK, didn't realise that RM forwarding would still allow that to happen. Great stuff!

Jerseygirl Feb 17th 2009 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by mr_bluth (Post 7294396)
Thanks everyone - was considering it so that I could still get things from places that only ship to the UK, didn't realise that RM forwarding would still allow that to happen. Great stuff!

I don't think RM ship packages now...worth checking.

The_English_Bride Feb 17th 2009 6:04 pm

mr_bluth,

Are you an Arrested Development fan, or is that just your name?

mr_bluth Feb 17th 2009 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by The_English_Bride (Post 7294725)
mr_bluth,

Are you an Arrested Development fan, or is that just your name?

Extreme AD fan :) Can't wait for the movie, assuming it goes ahead!

The_English_Bride Feb 18th 2009 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by mr_bluth (Post 7295451)
Extreme AD fan :) Can't wait for the movie, assuming it goes ahead!

Me too! Michael Cera better make up his mind soon!!:mad: