British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Mail forwarding - ever used Myus.com? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/mail-forwarding-ever-used-myus-com-318327/)

tweakr Aug 5th 2005 8:44 pm

Mail forwarding - ever used Myus.com?

Hey there,

People on this forum who have maybe travelled back and forth between the US will maybe be able to help me out here. I'm trying to buy something from a US online store, but the problem is they won't ship the UK - and what I want isn't available anywhere else.

So, I decided to look into a company that will accept the package on my behalf and then for a fee, forward it on to me. Has anyone got any exwperience of this? The company I'm looking at is called ACCESS USA - and they're online at www.myus.com .

Anyone? :)

Ray Aug 5th 2005 8:47 pm

Re: Mail forwarding - ever used Myus.com?

Usually the biggest problem is they won't supply to an address not on your credit card account .. ..so even if you have an address it won't match the one on your CC so they won't ship....

tweakr Aug 5th 2005 9:56 pm

MyUS take care of that part as well. They seem like a good company - called them and they were instantly there to speak to me. I asked them that if what I bought was defective, would I be able to return it and the guy said sure, they could do that.

Bob Aug 5th 2005 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
Usually the biggest problem is they won't supply to an address not on your credit card account .. ..so even if you have an address it won't match the one on your CC so they won't ship....

a lot of sites you can stick in both address of the CC, and one to send product to, like if your sending a gift etc..so that shouldn't be a problem...

peacelover Aug 6th 2005 1:19 am

Helpful advice there cheers for that.

sibsie Aug 6th 2005 2:19 am

Originally Posted by Bob
a lot of sites you can stick in both address of the CC, and one to send product to, like if your sending a gift etc..so that shouldn't be a problem...

I do just about all my gift buying for people at home online. I always have a different delivery address and haven't encountered any probs.

Bob Aug 6th 2005 5:18 am

Originally Posted by sibsie
I do just about all my gift buying for people at home online. I always have a different delivery address and haven't encountered any probs.

I've had a problem with a couple sites...gutted as well because one of them had a quality 21" Pro monitor refurbished for about $300 which they wouldn't sell me, we were just moving at the time...was cheaper than the monitor I've got now...oh well *l*