Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Mail deriding the UK again!

Mail deriding the UK again!

Old Oct 25th 2005, 9:08 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mail deriding the UK again!

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
they always have someone talking about "poll tax" don't they?
it's got to ba a maggie thing
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

alanpol is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jjmb
Must admit much as I miss the UK, I think I would prefer to live in Europe.
That's always one of the things I'd say when I lived in Holland, and find Dutch friends laughing. There must be something in our culture that makes us Brits forget that, er, geographically (and effectively politically), we're as European as anywhere, well, European...we just happen to be an island.
I never know where I prefer - I just know my family is here, so I'm happy. Although the lack of The Daily Mail is a definite plus for the States.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:07 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
actually after 4 years I actually like Houston you tend to forget what it was you hated so much about the place...

oh yeah no green areas
great- only another 355 days of mildly detesting the place then I'm gonna wake up and love it. can't wait!
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:27 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Did you hear about the two Scousers who came to the US?
They had heard that there was money everwhere in the US and the streets were practically paved with gold.
They got straight off the plane in Florida on the Saturday flight from the UK, after reclaiming their baggage they went outside the airport to find a taxi.
As soon as they stepped outside one spots a $100.00 dollar bill lying on the sidewalk, he bends over to pick it up but then thinking the better of it, and it being the weekend he turns to his mate and says " Bollocks, I can't be arsed I'll start on Monday"
Old Oct 25th 2005, 11:00 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
God that is so true.

The Daily Mail seems to have a strange grip on people's minds in Britain and it's amazing their constant misrepresentation of facts goes unpunished.

they always have someone talking about "poll tax" don't they?

my aunt

all she talks about is asylum seekers and what the mail just said about the country going to pot

i now have taken to openly laughing in her face and deriding the mail as a work of fiction barely better than the star
Old Oct 26th 2005, 12:08 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
i now have taken to openly laughing in her face and deriding the mail as a work of fiction barely better than the star
hmmmm....speaking of dodgy rags...anyone remember the daily sport? quality
Old Oct 26th 2005, 12:15 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
hell yeah.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 12:39 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Manc
hell yeah.
wonder how well that paper would do over here
Old Oct 26th 2005, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

The horse racing page was good.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 2:08 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Manc
I can

ESPN
ESPN 2
ESPN Classic
Fox Soccer Channel
Fox Sports Net.

sorted.
Variety is the spice of life!!
Old Oct 26th 2005, 2:10 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bob
it's got to ba a maggie thing
Gawd bless her!!
Old Oct 26th 2005, 2:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
"World War 2 Bomber Found On The Moon" was my particular fav. Closely followed by an article about an old guy that couldn't believe his luck that he'd actually found a straight untwisted 4 x 2 in his local Homebase's timber section. Written like he had won the lottery and ripping the piss out of Homebase. Quality!!
Old Oct 26th 2005, 3:29 am
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob
My personal favorite was "London Bus found at the North Pole". And didn't they use to have a boob count totting up all the unveiled breasts each day?
Old Oct 26th 2005, 4:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
My personal favorite was "London Bus found at the North Pole". And didn't they use to have a boob count totting up all the unveiled breasts each day?
And tell you what smut was on the telly that night......
Old Oct 26th 2005, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

At least the daily sport is fun, the Mail is just vicious. You can tell who reads the Daily Mail on the OZ forum, because you see threads titled 'Right thats it I'm definitely leaving the UK now' and then they quote a one of incidence of some heinous kind. That always amuses me, cause OZ like the US has no crime thats why everyone needs to get out of the UK immediately (well after they sell their modest 3 bed semi for an absolute fortune that is) ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.