Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

MagicJack - has anyone used this for a while? What do you think?

MagicJack - has anyone used this for a while? What do you think?

Old Jun 22nd 2008, 2:02 pm
Banned

Anthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud of
Default MagicJack - has anyone used this for a while? What do you think?

I'm thinking of buying this device through which to make all my phone calls.

It seems to be an unbelievably good deal at $40 for the first year and $20 per year thereafter.
The first year's price includes one magicjack device as well.
There are no call charges to pay unless you call overseas (and mobiles I think).

Has anyone used this device and also, if you've had any need to call the company, how good/bad was their service/response.

I don't use the phone that much but I do need to call the UK once in a while.

I can't understand how they make it work for such a cheap rate and so I was hoping to get some feedback before I take the plunge.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 7:09 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MagicJack - has anyone used this for a while? What do you think?

Better business bureau rates the company with an F
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Better business bureau rates the company with an F
Hey there - risin from the dead
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

maggster will become famous soon enoughmaggster will become famous soon enough

I have been using MagicJack since December 2007.

Our regular land line telephone bill would be anything from 500 to 1200 a month and so we tried this and for domestic calls to land lines and mobiles it is great! Calls for US and Canada landlines and mobiles are free - and I would certainly recommend this - only drawback we had to have a different telephone number - our local area code was not available. We live in South Georgia but had to have an Atlanta telephone Number.

I call the UK on a daily basis and when we purchased MagicJack the international call facility was not available. I have to add that I tend to call mobile numbers more than actual land lines.

Recently the International calls have become available and you have to purchase minutes. At present there are only 2 options. You can either buy $5 or $10 at a time - thats it! The other negative aspects are that if your calling balance runs out you get no warning - the calls just cut off. Often we cannot connect - each time I have called customer service I was told it could be due to server maintenance. They dont put any information on the website so if you have difficulty with calls you have to call customer service.

I have to say that when we do manage to connect the calls are very clear and the overall quality is excellent.

I guess it is something that can only get better - fingers crossed!!!!