Made my day

Old Jul 15th 2005, 7:41 pm
ImHere

Default Made my day

Just been out to the vets and on my way I saw some people putting up some flags. Thought nothing more of it. On the way back they had finished and this is what they had put up...

1 large banner saying "God Bless our Fallen Friends" with a Stars an Stripes and a Union jack on it.

And in the ground under it 52 Union Jacks on crosses in the ground.

I had to stop and say thank you. When they heard my accent they in return thanked me for our support.

Old Jul 15th 2005, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Made my day

Originally Posted by ImHere
Just been out to the vets and on my way I saw some people putting up some flags. Thought nothing more of it. On the way back they had finished and this is what they had put up...

1 large banner saying "God Bless our Fallen Friends" with a Stars an Stripes and a Union jack on it.

I had to stop and say thank you. When they heard my accent they in return thanked me for our support.
Oh bless them
Old Jul 15th 2005, 8:01 pm
Winterwords

50 states & 2 colonies?

A sweet gesture but the death toll has risen to 54.

Old Jul 15th 2005, 8:25 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by Winterwords
50 states & 2 colonies?

A sweet gesture but the death toll has risen to 54.
Well perhaps they'll buy 2 more flags. I dont know.

Old Jul 15th 2005, 8:26 pm

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

omg....that brought tears to my eyes. That's awesome!
Old Jul 15th 2005, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Thats great! Did you see God Save the Queen and the Union Jack (flag before someone corrects me!) at the all star baseball game?
Old Jul 15th 2005, 9:34 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Nice sentiments
Old Jul 15th 2005, 9:37 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Wow, can you get a photo and post it?
Old Jul 15th 2005, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

That's so cool. If you go back, take a picture, I want to show my MIL that not all Americans are ignorant buffons.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:30 pm
ImHere

Its on the other side of town but if I get up that way tomorrow I'll take my camera. Im pretty sure they wont mind me taking a pic.

Old Jul 16th 2005, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Awwww - that is one of the nicest things I've heard about. They must be real sweeties!

We were out in the hinterland of Oklahoma yesterday afternoon, stopped in a sleepy, dusty little town which looked as though it should be in an old western film. We went into a shop and the lady, hearing my accent asked where I come from. When I told her she very kindly expressed sympathy about the goings on over there and said how angry she felt about it all. It's good to know that Fox News hasn't got at them all!
Old Jul 16th 2005, 3:27 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm going to be sick