M1 to F1

Old Jul 22nd 2003, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

tattale is an unknown quantity at this point
Default M1 to F1

Hi,
Does anyone know whether there will be any Problem with Changing a M1 Visa to a F1.
I was in the USA a couple of years ago, on a M1 visa, and the Visa was granted until 2005, so I still have the visa in my passport. However, I am now back in the UK and have applied to a university in the USA and I am worried that there might be some problems with getting the F1.
Any feedback would be great ....
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

lanky1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: M1 to F1

Originally posted by tattale
Hi,
Does anyone know whether there will be any Problem with Changing a M1 Visa to a F1.
I was in the USA a couple of years ago, on a M1 visa, and the Visa was granted until 2005, so I still have the visa in my passport. However, I am now back in the UK and have applied to a university in the USA and I am worried that there might be some problems with getting the F1.
Any feedback would be great ....
I got my F-1 after being on a J-1 over the summer and had hardly any problems. As with everything make sure you have all the paperwork in order and it should be ok. Contact the university and see if you can speak to the International Affairs/Centre/whatever it may be called and they can send you what you need, i donno what you have sent them already but it shouldn't be a huge deal.