British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   M. Udall? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/m-udall-105791/)

Keh Nov 19th 2001 5:20 am

Anyone here have tried the service of M. Udall? I have gone thru to his website and seems he is prominent when it comes to k1. I guess he would be my best choice for now. Is he accommodating and helpful? Any comments out there? - keh-

Michael Voight Nov 19th 2001 8:02 am

Keh wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >

I don't know the answer to that, but why do you think you need a lawyer? Many people
on this newsgroup have accomplished this without a lawyer.

Not me, of course, we filed I-130, without a lawyere.

You basically fill out a couple of forms, mail money, pictures, proof of physically
being present with each other at some point in the last 2 years, etc.

Rete Nov 19th 2001 10:13 am

Yes several have used Matt for their K-1's and have been very satisfied with the results. If you want an attorney to handle your paperwork and case, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

Rita

Sarah And Shawn Nov 19th 2001 10:15 am

Hi,

My UK fiance and I used Matt for the K-1 and found him very helpful and quite
reasonably priced. We had spent so much time apart that we decided to go the
attorney route to ensure we wouldn't have any unnecessary delays in the process.
Matt makes him self very accessable and personally answers every single phone call.
He was very professional but by the end of the process Sarah and I seemed to know
him on a much more personable scale. I can't speak for other attorneys, but Matt
made the entire K-1 process alot easier for us, and gave us the peace of mind with
not having to panic about sending the proper forms. I know the attorney route may
not be for everyone, as most in here never even consult one, but his services were
invaluable to my wife and I. Good luck,

Shawn

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Keh Nov 19th 2001 11:40 am

Thanks for your answer and recommendation guys. Michael, I prefer to have one just to make sure that everything would be okay along the way and to avoid delays in the entire process of course. Peace of mind and no hasstle would be the best way to describe when being represented you know.
Keh.

Betastar Nov 19th 2001 11:35 pm

On 19 Nov 2001 01:30:13 -0500, Keh <[email protected]> spake:

>
    >
    >

If you feel the need to use an attorney, Matt is the way to go. The man knows what
he's doing, and will go above and beyond if needed. (And sometimes does just out of
the goodness of his heart!)

Betastar

Forcefulljack10 Nov 19th 2001 11:44 pm

Keh <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >

I emailed Mr Udall with a few details of myself and my position - I never received as
much as a confirmatory answer from him or his office
- I assumed that he had made that much money that he didnt need to deal with people
like myself(immigrants) and as such used another attorney who had the manners and
intellect to respond. Good luck with Mr Udall. FJ10.

Betastar Nov 20th 2001 12:10 pm

On 19 Nov 2001 16:44:16 -0800, [email protected] (forcefulljack10) spake:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Did you offer to hire him in your email? Are you sure the email got to him, and
wasn't misdirected?

One of the reasons he stopped posting here was because too many people were thinking
of him as free legal advice... he does have a business to run, and doesn't
necessarily like it when people assume he'll give free advice.

Just an idea of what might have happened in your case.

Betastar

thetreefrog Nov 20th 2001 3:04 pm

I was contacted by Mr. Udall regarding questions on my K-1 petition that I had posted to the newsgroup. I ended up talking to him (not as a client) and found him to be extremely nice, knowledgable, and thorough. He referred constantly to the INS regs, reading them out to me verbatim to support his advice. He spent about an hour answering my questions... and talking about all sorts of unrelated stuff, too. He's a great guy, and a knowledgable lawyer. In fact, I wish the lawyer we actually hired was nearly as good. I'd absolutely recommend him.

Bill Nov 20th 2001 11:21 pm

I personally used him. I live in LA so I met with him personally. He is a good guy,
and a good lawyer, and probably cut down the processing time for our K1 by a couple
of months. If you want to shell out the $700-1000 it will probably cost, go ahead for
piece of mind.

Bill

Keh <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >

Michael Voight Nov 21st 2001 8:37 am

Bill wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >

How did it cut down on processing time? INS doesn't process paperwork from
lawyers faster

Bill Nov 21st 2001 8:24 pm

The INS doesn't, but the consular end does. Things like sending it in the consular
pouch, sending the wire notification, etc.

Bill

Michael Voight <[email protected]>
    >
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I personally used him. I live in LA so I met with him personally. He is a good[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > guy, and a good lawyer, and probably cut down the processing time for our K1 by a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > couple of months.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

Ranjini Nov 22nd 2001 1:52 am

Bill, I don't think so. Our I-129F reached the Consulate within two weeks of approval. And we didn't use an Attorney. If you research the process by reading the excellent sites maintained by Alvena and Jonathan, you really don't need a lawyer. The lawyer merely takes care of the paperwork which most of us on this newsgroup took care of by ourselves :)and in the process saved ourselves a lot of money.
Ranjini

M Nov 22nd 2001 5:02 am

After the nightmare I had with a lawyer (not M Udall), that actually sounds like a
real bargain, though I have to say most of our case gave us piece of mind til the
very last week, and it was very good to feel a little prepared in this way. I will
not tell you how much we spent but it was incredibly high, not knowing any of this
stuff ahead of time! SO asking questions is a very good thing for you. I do think
having the lawyer did help cut our time a little because they organized everything
and told us exactly what to bring and what to talk about which cut out time angsting
over the forms and evidence, but that just a personal comfort zone thing... :)

Happy Holidays!!!!! Good Luck for your process. :)

M

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Zik Nov 22nd 2001 9:51 am

[email protected] (Bill)
[usenetquote2]> > Bill wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > I personally used him. I live in LA so I met with him personally. He is a good[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > guy, and a good lawyer, and probably cut down the processing time for our K1 by[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > a couple of months.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > How did it cut down on processing time? INS doesn't process paperwork from[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > lawyers faster[/usenetquote2]

Guys, what is his website?? well my USC fiance lives in Upstate NY, so i guess not
much help can be done for sending wire notification and making the process faster,
but it certainly makes me feel more secure, although i have a good understanding of
the laws and the forms associated with the K1, but my fiancee doesn't so this could
be helpful. but i guess the question is, can he help us if he's in LA and our process
will be through the Vermont office... meaning, people in Vermont office may never
heard of him... thanks

Z