Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Low long... And How Do You... ???

Low long... And How Do You... ???

Old Nov 9th 2006, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

DEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant future
Talking Low long... And How Do You... ???

Ok People! So, I arrived from the UK yesterday to CA. I stayed awake until 8:30pm, then finally went to sleep. I was up at 2:30am (10:30am UK time). And, considering that I had been up since 7am UK time on Tuesday, I did I did not sleep one bit on the 11 hour flight on Wednesday! I guess this is Pre-Jetlag-Tension! (PJT).

So, how do you cope with jetlag, and how long does it take your body to adjust to the new time zone.

I cope with RedBull, and it takes me approximately 4 weeks to adjust to the 8-hr time difference!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 11:39 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Low long... And How Do You... ???

Originally Posted by DEE_UK
Ok People! So, I arrived from the UK yesterday to CA. I stayed awake until 8:30pm, then finally went to sleep. I was up at 2:30am (10:30am UK time). And, considering that I had been up since 7am UK time on Tuesday, I did I did not sleep one bit on the 11 hour flight on Wednesday! I guess this is Pre-Jetlag-Tension! (PJT).

So, how do you cope with jetlag, and how long does it take your body to adjust to the new time zone.

I cope with RedBull, and it takes me approximately 4 weeks to adjust to the 8-hr time difference!
That 8hr difference is a killer. Did it a few times. Found alchohol and a good shag or three did the tcket. Cures a common cold also.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Skint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond repute

Melatonin. Available from many health food stores. Seems to reset the body clock.

Failing that, my wife and I get Gardnma to come over and stay for a while.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 12:11 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by NKY Jelly
Melatonin. Available from many health food stores. Seems to reset the body clock.

Failing that, my wife and I get Gardnma to come over and stay for a while.

Oh, cheers - you mean I'll send to to sleep with my endless drolling? Or did you have something else in mind......

BTW: Your avatar is brill, Peter Cook was a genius.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 12:18 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

People who consume the beverage in excess (more than 2-5 cans) in a 24-hour period) have been known to express discomfort, such as nausea, diarrhea, stomach pains, gas, and/or sleeplessness.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

DEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ray
People who consume the beverage in excess (more than 2-5 cans) in a 24-hour period) have been known to express discomfort, such as nausea, diarrhea, stomach pains, gas, and/or sleeplessness.
Ray, I would only have the one can of RedBull, a day! Most likely around 2pm (when my body thinks its 10pm in England!) I don't want to get addicted, just a little help!

Thanks for the heads-up though!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:00 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

..so i hear that you faked your own death recently? .. only you would do that..

(I knew it wouldn't take you long to come back )
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:05 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
..so i hear that you faked your own death recently? .. only you would do that..
(I knew it wouldn't take you long to come back )
There was a misunderstanding last May .... where a few people mis-read something ..

I was busy yesterday .......
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:12 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
There was a misunderstanding last May .... where a few people mis-read something .....
I didn't misread Andycoll's message where he said your funeral was in a weeks time.............

you were a complete shiester who lead us all down the garden path.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:14 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by Manc
I didn't misread Andycoll's message where he said your funeral was in a weeks time..............
produce the link to that ......if you can ...
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:21 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
produce the link to that ......if you can ...
this is as good as I got.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...&highlight=ray
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:32 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

I love the subject line "Ray Isn't Dead - He Is Just an Asshole " God bless Leslie, she's hillarious

Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:33 pm
Ray

this is as good as I got.
]
LOL ..it started here...
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=104

but really here ...a lot of planning

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=372250

A very good jape ...
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:36 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by Ray
A very good jape ...
when you do croak, I hope no-one gives a shit.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:37 pm
Ray

when you do croak, I hope no-one gives a shit.
Actually........ so do I ...............

Good to see the test run though .....I will miss the next one ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.