Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Low air fare

Low air fare

Old Jun 15th 2010, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Low air fare

Hi
I have recently joined and airfarewatch site.
Had an email for SFO to LHR returns in nov/dec foro $510. Pretty cheap.
Untied airlines which would not be my first choice cheap enough to consider.\

Regards
Old Jun 15th 2010, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

James Salobrena will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Low air fare

Hey,

Used to live in Marin (San Rafael) for about 7 years, loved it. I guess the site is airfarewatch.com. I will have a look as I could do with some cheaper fares - the google ads (sponsored listings) are never as cheap as are advertised!

Thanks, say hi to the sleeping lady for me!! (Mt Tam!)
Old Jun 15th 2010, 11:19 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

From the Travelzoo Newsdesk:

SAN FRANCISCO--June 15, 2010-- Fares to several European
destinations from San Francisco just dropped by 50% for
travel over the Thanksgiving holiday.

Prices start at $494 roundtrip, including taxes. Regular
prices to Europe during this peak travel period are $1000-
$1400.

Sample (roundtrip, incl. tax) prices from San Francisco:

- Copenhagen, Denmark ... $494
- London, England ... $511
- Zurich, Switzerland ... $549
- Frankfurt, Germany ... $596
- Paris, France ... $608

These fares are not part of an advertised sale so they are
expected to sell out quickly.

The best fares were found when departing Nov. 23 or 25 and
returning Nov. 29. Search several date combinations to
find the best price.

Click below to search for these fares on Fly.com:
http://www.travelzoo.com/newsflash/81693451-833426/
Old Jun 15th 2010, 11:59 pm
Just Joined

Bookem will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the site. I’ll check it out. When I fly I am motivated purely by price. I have flown United, American Airlines, British Airways and TWA internationally and to be honest I really couldn’t tell very much difference between the service of any of them. They were all very good.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Jscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying to find flights for my mum coming the other way (UK to US). The flights are waaaay more expensive than last year. She's rarely had to pay more than £400 but now the best I can find is about £550.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 12:53 am
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bookem View Post
Thanks for the site. I’ll check it out. When I fly I am motivated purely by price. I have flown United, American Airlines, British Airways and TWA internationally and to be honest I really couldn’t tell very much difference between the service of any of them. They were all very good.
TWA? Now you're going back
Old Jun 18th 2010, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

Sweetscottishchick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jscl View Post
I'm trying to find flights for my mum coming the other way (UK to US). The flights are waaaay more expensive than last year. She's rarely had to pay more than £400 but now the best I can find is about £550.
Hi, I'm not sure where in the UK your mum is based and where exactly in the U.S. she is looking to get to. But I just saw a roundtrip ticket on expedia.co.uk for 426.27 pounds (including taxes) from London Heathrow to JFK in New York. There are a couple of stops on the way in Paris and Montreal, so if she's wanting to fly direct to the U.S. this may be problematic. Depending upon where she's going, another alternative is to fly to Canada and take a Greyhound from Canada to stateside (obviously not practical if she's going somewhere like Florida, but could work for NYC.) For cheap flights to Canada check out canadianaffair.co.uk Hope this helps!
Old Jun 18th 2010, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Jscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks SweetScottishChick! I want her to fly direct though (LON-SFO) because it's such a long journey for her anyway. I'll check out expedia.co.uk though, I never thought to go there, I always go straight to the possible airlines. Thanks for your reply.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 3:00 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Low air fare

Originally Posted by Jscl View Post
Thanks SweetScottishChick! I want her to fly direct though (LON-SFO) because it's such a long journey for her anyway. I'll check out expedia.co.uk though, I never thought to go there, I always go straight to the possible airlines. Thanks for your reply.
Also try http://www.kayak.co.uk (it shows fares for almost all of the airlines flying the routes you want with links to either the airlines' websites or the third party agency offering the flights and fares which most appeal to you (or your mum!). There is also http://www.kayak.com for US departures.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Sweetscottishchick is an unknown quantity at this point

A couple of other websites to look at are travelocity.co.uk and netflights.com

Hope this helps!
Old Jun 18th 2010, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Wonderful, thank you!
Old Jun 18th 2010, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

TimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of light

Another recommendation here for kayak (either co.uk or .com), very useful site.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 8:19 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Thanksgiving is always a great time to fly. Usually quite cheap. The whole thing I'd note is that the week or two after Thanksgiving is "Christmas Party" time in London and some other major cities, and many folks book hotel rooms well in advance in anticipation of a) being too drunk to get home or b) something with another employee involving alcohol. It can make finding a hotel a little tricky (if that is something you need).
Old Jun 18th 2010, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

TimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of light

Thanksgiving is only a good time to fly if you leave the US, not fly to the US...