Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Lost Passport in Washington DC

Lost Passport in Washington DC

Old Oct 8th 2009, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Geezer041 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lost Passport in Washington DC

I am having trouble, I just realized I have lost my passport. I have the forms C1 and LS01 but cannot complete LS01 without a police/incident number. I last saw my passport about mid September 2008 on a trip from my home in California to Washington DC.
Nobody in DC will help me, I keep getting transferred from one place to another. We don't do that, etc etc and am back where I started. I have spoken with The Police, The Communications Department, The State Department and the Secret Service. Nobody takes reports of lost British passports. Am I the only one who lost their passport in DC? I just want the incident number, you can throw the report away as soon as you give me that number!

Please, help me. Who must I call?
Old Oct 8th 2009, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lost Passport in Washington DC

Originally Posted by Geezer041
I am having trouble, I just realized I have lost my passport. I have the forms C1 and LS01 but cannot complete LS01 without a police/incident number. I last saw my passport about mid September 2008 on a trip from my home in California to Washington DC.
Nobody in DC will help me, I keep getting transferred from one place to another. We don't do that, etc etc and am back where I started. I have spoken with The Police, The Communications Department, The State Department and the Secret Service. Nobody takes reports of lost British passports. Am I the only one who lost their passport in DC? I just want the incident number, you can throw the report away as soon as you give me that number!

Please, help me. Who must I call?
Try reporting it to the local police department.

The fact that you last remember seeing it on your trip to Washington DC doesn't mean that is where you lost it, does it?

You *might* have lost it after you got back home ...
Old Oct 8th 2009, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

It appears that might be the case. I have spoken with someone in DC at 202-727-1000 and eventually they called me back (again). They once again tried to send me to the state department and then finally agreed they could take a lost foreign passport report. But not over the phone. I would have to come to the office in person. California to DC to report a lost passport. Or lie. To the police.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 10:21 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't you use the passport to get back to California? Or you used a DL or other ID?
You could try contacting user British Consul here on the site, or through Facebook. He may be able to hook you up with the right answer.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for the advice, I will definitely try that in the future. I ended up telling my local police over the phone that I last saw it I'm California before I left for DC. I travelled on my DL. I now have the incident number and can complete the forms.

Thank you all.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 11:50 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

woohoo! Victory!